PW flat Black help....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I was worried about this happening on the trim of my 2019. I bit the cost bullet and had all plastic ceramic coated a month after purchase. Looks the same as the day I bought. Well worth the money. Wish I had a solution for you to restore. Not sure if a ceramic coating could work in that case.
Ceramic coat wont do anything for it since it is faded and blotched already ...

TommyGuns777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry if this has been talked about before, but what is everyone doing for their flat black bumpers on their pw and or rebels? I made the mistake of using back to black last fall before I put it to bed for the winter. It left it covered in white streaks. Are there any dye applications that would get these looking a deep flat black agin?View attachment 483206
I struggled with this same exact issue and created a thread about it but got no responses.

I have found two products that work very well to remove this and keep it gone. First product is Eezox. It’s a gun CLP and it will work on the finish great as well as protect it and keep the white crap from building up. After I’ve eezoxe’d the bumpers and it has dried I use Turtle Wax Hybrid Solution ceramic spray for quick wipes.

Since using the two above items I have officially stopped this problem from happening. 1 or 2 applications of eezox will pretty much fox your problem for good.

Good luck man!!

OP
OP
Westwind1124a

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
I struggled with this same exact issue and created a thread about it but got no responses.

I have found two products that work very well to remove this and keep it gone. First product is Eezox. It’s a gun CLP and it will work on the finish great as well as protect it and keep the white crap from building up. After I’ve eezoxe’d the bumpers and it has dried I use Turtle Wax Hybrid Solution ceramic spray for quick wipes.

Since using the two above items I have officially stopped this problem from happening. 1 or 2 applications of eezox will pretty much fox your problem for good.

Good luck man!!
Will check that out. thanks!

BigTex13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Solution Finish, used a lot by professional details for faded black plastic, is a trim restorer that would work or you could paint them using SEM bumper paint made/formulated specifically for bumpers.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would suggest carpro eraser to remove the back to black and any oils on the flat black. Then like said above if you arent going to ceramic coat it with something like d lux, you could always use a graphene coating Adams is a good one or 303 depending on the elements. Me personally I would coat it. There is is just something about the way a coated anything turns out and stays.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Solution Finish, used a lot by professional details for faded black plastic, is a trim restorer that would work or you could paint them using SEM bumper paint made/formulated specifically for bumpers.
We use solution as well. Another great product.

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I watched the Project Farm video several months ago and used the Cerakote trim coat and it looked just like new. It is definitely the best product out there. I tried the usual name brand products before and they only lasted a few weeks. The Project Farm video series on You-tube is worth watching. It can save you a lot of time and money trying the junk products.
Ya, for sure I consult his videos before buying just about anything.

OP
OP
Westwind1124a

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
Finally went with this.... Not too bad. A little streaky, maybe one more coat would help. Much better though.
rf4.jpgrf5.jpgrf6.jpg

Deer Hunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just an idea. Has anyone tried a steam cleaner? If the problem is wax the heat and pressure should remove it but I haven’t needed to do this and don’t know if it would hurt the finish.

OP
OP
Westwind1124a

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
Just an idea. Has anyone tried a steam cleaner? If the problem is wax the heat and pressure should remove it but I haven’t needed to do this and don’t know if it would hurt the finish.
It'd be worth a shot. I was pretty happy with the product I used and think its a safe choice. Someone else will have to try though as my pw is gone.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Eastwood has a black spray on trim dye to bring trim back to that fresh out of the mold look.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I use whatever the auto carwash uses...
Seems to be working, I have no issues with white streaks or blotchiness...