PW flat Black help....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
Sorry if this has been talked about before, but what is everyone doing for their flat black bumpers on their pw and or rebels? I made the mistake of using back to black last fall before I put it to bed for the winter. It left it covered in white streaks. Are there any dye applications that would get these looking a deep flat black agin?bumper .png

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have been wondering the same thing. I have used automotive soaps, dawn dish soap, multiple degreaser, quick detailers. I have yet to get the dirt and white polish/wax off the fender flares, wheel liners and bumpers.

I had thus same problem when I had an suv that had plasti-dip sections.

OP
OP
Westwind1124a

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
Yeah, I've tried everything. Its just so porous that everything that touches it leaves some sort of mark.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Use 303 after you use a good scrub brush on it ... I add the 303 to all the black trim on any car/truck and it lasts a few months ....

You can also just scuff it all up a bit and spray it with raptor bedliner

OP
OP
Westwind1124a

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
Cool thanks. I'll give that a shot

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
You should clean it just like the rest of the truck, no harsh bristle brushes. Then use cerakote trim kote to restore and protect the black plastic. Watch the project farm video on YouTube about plastic restorers. Trim kote is the best.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should clean it just like the rest of the truck, no harsh bristle brushes. Then use cerakote trim kote to restore and protect the black plastic. Watch the project farm video on YouTube about plastic restorers. Trim kote is the best.
yup just don't get it on the painted surfaces. Not sure I would use it on the bumpers but on the plastic trim it is the real deal.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Its not the plastic that looks awful. its the flat black metal bumpers
Then I would seriously just spray them with raptor bedliner ... seriously look into it, you not only will get good looking texture on the bumpers, they will remain dark black and will protect against rock chips ....

OP
OP
Westwind1124a

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
I'll take a look at it. I have also thought about just having them painted with clear to match the lower body black paint

Last edited:

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
I think that I saw an advertisement on one of the car shows that takes off mold and other crap and is still kind to paint, etc.
I think it was a sharkskin product, or something like that!

Peter Holford

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 litre
I ended up getting mine paint matched to bottom section of truck with 3M on front. Turned out really good but was expensive

Roman2468

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I was worried about this happening on the trim of my 2019. I bit the cost bullet and had all plastic ceramic coated a month after purchase. Looks the same as the day I bought. Well worth the money. Wish I had a solution for you to restore. Not sure if a ceramic coating could work in that case.

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try WD40. You will be surprised how well it cleans. I have Line-X’d my rockers, front and rear bumpers and flares and even after a good wash, they are still streaky. But after spraying on WD40, it comes out great. Your choice to wipe off or not, I do not, I just leave it. Let me know how it goes.

greenvan

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Dodge ram van 1500
Engine
5.2 v-8
I watched the Project Farm video several months ago and used the Cerakote trim coat and it looked just like new. It is definitely the best product out there. I tried the usual name brand products before and they only lasted a few weeks. The Project Farm video series on You-tube is worth watching. It can save you a lot of time and money trying the junk products.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963