PW winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew Austin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I went to pre-tension the winch on my new PW the other day and noticed the cable is set up to come off the top of the spool. The Warn instructions I read said it should be coming off the bottom. Is that correct? Has anyone noticed their new winch was spooled to come off the top?
Thanks

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
mines off the top.maybe they mounted them upside down for whatever reason.my side by side winch is mounted that way.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes they are flipped on the power wagon.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i did notice the freespool lever is in the left and most winches are on the right,which leads me to think it's mounted upside down.

OP
OP
Andrew Austin

Andrew Austin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Interesting! Okay, we’ll maybe that’s the way it is for PowerWagons then. I won’t stress about it then. Thanks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, it is "upside down" so to speak, and is unique to the PW. The clutch lever has a longer arm and extends out to the left side which is also unique. This is why a PW winch will not work in typical, aftermarket winch bumpers.