PWIM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Good news on transporting beer into Utah!

Utah is still an alcohol control state.

Prior to May 2020 transporting just one full twelve ounced beer across the state line into Utah was illegal and could get you busted for bootlegging. The Utah Highway Patrol would enforce this law during any possible minor traffic infraction through a requested vehicle search. It was a criminal offense to transport any alcohol into their state. It's been updated this year to a limit of 288 ounces (24 twelve ounced cans).

Old law...

https://www.utahtravelsecrets.com/bringing-alcohol-into-utah.html

New law...

The maximum amount the person transports or possesses under this Subsection (5) is:
(i) two liters of:
(A) spirituous liquor;
(B) wine; or
(C) a combination of spirituous liquor and wine; and
(ii)
(A) one case of heavy beer that does not exceed 288 ounces; or
(B) one case of a flavored malt beverage that does not exceed 288 ounces.

https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title32B/Chapter4/32B-4-S414.html
So, keep it under a blanket in my truck and don’t give them a reason to search my vehicle...got it lol

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good news on transporting beer into Utah!

Utah is still an alcohol control state.

Prior to May 2020 transporting just one full twelve ounced beer across the state line into Utah was illegal and could get you busted for bootlegging. The Utah Highway Patrol would enforce this law during any possible minor traffic infraction through a requested vehicle search. It was a criminal offense to transport any alcohol into their state. It's been updated this year to a limit of 288 ounces (24 twelve ounced cans).

Old law...

https://www.utahtravelsecrets.com/bringing-alcohol-into-utah.html

New law...

The maximum amount the person transports or possesses under this Subsection (5) is:
(i) two liters of:
(A) spirituous liquor;
(B) wine; or
(C) a combination of spirituous liquor and wine; and
(ii)
(A) one case of heavy beer that does not exceed 288 ounces; or
(B) one case of a flavored malt beverage that does not exceed 288 ounces.

https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title32B/Chapter4/32B-4-S414.html
we have been going to moab since the 80's and never ever had an issue. Never once had a trooper even ask us if we had beer and my vehicles would certainly give reason to ask. Not saying how many donations I have made to the Utah state general 3C96ACFD-5B81-4268-9D7C-71C657C0DE79.jpeg fund lol....

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Day 3 in PWIM did not go as planned, and ended up with me staying in the desert with the stranded truck while we waited for the group to return to camp, unbolt a drive shaft, and two trucks return with it so that we could get the truck off the trail. It made for a long day, but I don’t regret a minute of it. And it made for an impromptu night run of the second half of Metal masher!

DD57D8E7-1E07-40BC-B117-0A846876AF7F.jpeg

CFD02B8F-626E-4DA7-BFA6-403C16FEFECD.jpeg

7561EC94-D3A5-4222-B477-E33F4A11A480.jpeg

A3074039-E06B-4323-B7B6-4F730516B56B.jpeg

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I think dirtnation did a pretty good job, believe he got everyone in a shot at least once.
I did too, until they decided to go into a ***** fest at the end of their third video about how we didn’t know what we were doing (false, we did fine, were following all the proper rigging setups to get him down off the rocks, and had the drive shaft unbolted in no time), it took 3.5 hours to fix the drive shaft (false, it took less than 90 minutes to get him down the ledge, down the rock face, drive shaft unbolted and a decision on how to proceed made), we weren’t listening to their suggestions (false, they never offered any help), said that everyone was frustrated (false, the only ones in a bad mood was him), and basically said that they would be returning without PWIM next time. Oh well, you know where the skinny pedal is, dude, and there were two of you, so peace out if you want.

nail_bender1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I checked with PWIM and they are not planning a trip. I wanted to take my truck out this year.Is there a group heading to Moab this year?I would like to join if possible.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I checked with PWIM and they are not planning a trip. I wanted to take my truck out this year.Is there a group heading to Moab this year?I would like to join if possible.
Full size invasion in March. As of now it’s still a go

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
There is a Power Wagon event this year, it has different hosts and is not called PWIM because they didn’t want the new host using the name.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
There is a Power Wagon event this year, it has different hosts and is not called PWIM because they didn’t want the new host using the name.
Yo. Send me Info. The fb page has been unbelievably quiet. I’m doing full size invasion this year.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Yo. Send me Info. The fb page has been unbelievably quiet. I’m doing full size invasion this year.
I’ve noticed the same thing. Send a DM to Nick Baker, he’s putting it together.