Pwm controller/v6 electric fan install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cool. Thanks for being a pioneer. I remember checking those guys out but never went any further after futile attempts with the dealer and greene. I need to do something with my Factory PWM fan and 3.6 fuse box/harness...

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool. Thanks for being a pioneer. I remember checking those guys out but never went any further after futile attempts with the dealer and greene. I need to do something with my Factory PWM fan and 3.6 fuse box/harness...
Yea. This setup will work for you after I finish. My original attempts were with the 3.6 pentastar fan so I know it can command that fan.

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So somewhat good news. Going through troubleshooting and what not for the module and looking through the canbus with the guy doing the programming. We are figuring it out. Looking at the canbus logs and are narrowing down the info finally. This has been a long process but the troubleshooting has helped. We know which signals are from the pcm now which is a start. Just need to log these signals specifically and do more narrowing down to figure out what each one is. Then programming can commence and more testing. I need trucks from 2009 and newer to read the canbus and compare data to see what years this will work on. But going to finish my truck before I worry about that. I’ll see if anyone local in south Florida is interested in this module and I’ll do some testing on their truck prior to them ordering.

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ever figure this out 100%? I thought a harness was going to be needed and you were making one? Forget.

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It requires some wiring soldering. I was never able to find someone willing to let me test their truck to confirm operation on trucks other than 15-17