QC passenger rear window won't go down. Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So the other day I noticed that my passenger rear window will not go down. I pulled the panel today and bench tested the motor.
It works In both directions. Also tested the switch, and replaced it. Window will go up via the switch, but not down. The driver door switch, and rear door switch are the same result. Up only.

So I started probing wires.
What I notice is that the bottom right wire in this picture is NOT grounded.
On the driver side (which I pulled the switch to compare) it IS grounded.

I don't know if this wire is broken somewhere between the front and the back?

My initial thoughts were to splice a wire into this one, and ground it to the door shell, but I don't know if that will hold a circuit open elsewhere and drain the battery?

If I ground that wire with a probe, the window operates in both directions as it should.

Anyone else run into this?

Does the driver side door switch somehow also supply the ground...and possibly need replaced?

Thanks all. 20191020_175443.jpg

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm gonna check that pin again on the driver side. If it's just constantly grounded in all positions, I'm going to just ground that wire on the passenger side with a jumper.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Interesting I am no help but Please Update us on what you find Thanks

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The window system is a fairly complicated mess of wires, with grounds and 12v's alternating so you can go up, and down, from the rear switch, or the driver switch.

Did a bunch of research, and found the driver controlled switch panel is usually the culprit.

Caution, you WILL bust this panel taking it out. It's very brittle .

I did in fact have a loose plug here.

In removing the rear door panel, I must have tweaked the lock mechanism also, and got to take it back off again to try and tweak the rods, so the power lock worked on that side.

When done, I got all windows and locks working.

I had the drivers panel off a few times in the past, and I'm sure that's when I loosened the switch.

I will just superglue the switch bezel back on.

Word To the wise, start with the driver door switch, and be super careful with the bezel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf