Quads to AmeriLite duals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Took a chance on a set of AmeriLite dual black housing lights with DRL tubes for $220.
They use an H13/9008 bulb, and come w/clear H13 & 3157 halogens.
I loaded them with Fahren dual LEDs but kept the clear turn signal halogens, they're plenty bright through the amber lenses.
https://www.amazon.com/AmeriLite-Replacement-Black-Headlights-Assembly/dp/B08F72PQCZ/ref=sr_1_7?crid=LQL1IFBE6DZW&dchild=1&keywords=amerilite+ram+1500&qid=1603638296&sprefix=Amerilite+ram,aps,173&sr=8-7

Main reasons I decided to go from quads to duals and these specifically:
2 LED bulbs vs 4 (rarely use high beams & don't need the extra cost)
the metal adjustment screw in the factory location
independent wiring of the DRL tube instead of a premade harness to tap into parking lights
black housing with clear lenses
reflector vs projector (no shield to move or jam up)

JRtObRk.jpg
Dlhyfud.jpg

I tapped into the M47 fuse for the DRLs, they're on/off with ignition and not tied into the parking lights.
Wired disconnects to both in case I have to remove them, and added an in-line 10A fuse for added protection. Of course, I sealed them completely with black RTV before installing, although the factory job was very well done.
icd0Np4.jpg
PDjL7t9.jpg
XSDPfxH.jpg

They look totally badass at night, the Fahrens throw a ton of light and nobody flashed me.

bSbD5Ov.jpg
omwnuIN.jpg

Low beams
S4XmguL.jpg

High beams
AeAKXpv.jpg

The Fahrens were $40/pair and have adjustable bases to clock the chips correctly.
I'm happy with the quality, fit & finish on these lights, hopefully the tubes will last.

Last edited:

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Toss a 3157NA in your signals (natural amber)
Man that would really stand out.
I love the look of quads like my 19 classic has, and I'm not a fan of aftermarket's drl tubes they use. But I must say, I actually like those, nicely done, very clean and simple looking. Not too much going on.
I could possibly use a set of those for my projector retrofit....hhhmmmmm

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Took a chance on a set of AmeriLite dual black housing lights with DRL tubes for $220.
They use an H13/9008 bulb, and come w/clear H13 & 3157 halogens.
I loaded them with Fahren dual LEDs but kept the clear turn signal halogens, they're plenty bright through the amber lenses.
https://www.amazon.com/AmeriLite-Replacement-Black-Headlights-Assembly/dp/B08F72PQCZ/ref=sr_1_7?crid=LQL1IFBE6DZW&dchild=1&keywords=amerilite+ram+1500&qid=1603638296&sprefix=Amerilite+ram,aps,173&sr=8-7

Main reasons I decided to go from quads to duals and these specifically:
2 LED bulbs vs 4 (rarely use high beams & don't need the extra cost)
the metal adjustment screw in the factory location
independent wiring of the DRL tube instead of a premade harness to tap into parking lights
black housing with clear lenses
reflector vs projector (no shield to move or jam up)

View attachment 451982
View attachment 451983

I tapped into the M47 fuse for the DRLs, they're on/off with ignition and not tied into the parking lights.
Wired disconnects to both in case I have to remove them, and added an in-line 10A fuse for added protection. Of course, I sealed them completely with black RTV before installing, although the factory job was very well done.
View attachment 451984
View attachment 451985
View attachment 451986

They look totally badass at night, the Fahrens throw a ton of light and nobody flashed me.

View attachment 451987
View attachment 451988

Low beams
View attachment 451989

High beams
View attachment 451990

The Fahrens were $40/pair and have adjustable bases to clock the chips correctly.
I'm happy with the quality, fit & finish on these lights, hopefully the tubes will last.
Can you show what you sealed and how you clocked the bulbs please? I just ordered basically the same lights, but Raxiom brand.

OP
OP
NJMOPAR

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Traded the truck in July for a Charger R/T so no more pics.
I sealed where the clear lens meets the housing, all the way around.
LEDs should be clocked so the chips are facing sideways at 3 & 9 o'clock.

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Traded the truck in July for a Charger R/T so no more pics.
I sealed where the clear lens meets the housing, all the way around.
LEDs should be clocked so the chips are facing sideways at 3 & 9 o'clock.
Awesome, thanks!