Question about a Projector headlamp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rodderrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I purchased a set of projector headlamps for my 2012 Ram. When they arrived and I pulled them out-of the box they came in I heard a clunking noise. When I looked closely and moved it around I could see the projector assembly move a little. Is this normal or is something broken? Its like they appear to be able to rotate a little. I was going to add a small video but the file is too large.

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stock projectors? Or aftermarket?

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
I purchased a set of projector headlamps for my 2012 Ram. When they arrived and I pulled them out-of the box they came in I heard a clunking noise. When I looked closely and moved it around I could see the projector assembly move a little. Is this normal or is something broken? Its like they appear to be able to rotate a little. I was going to add a small video but the file is too large.

If they are a set of stock projectors I'd say something is broken. I see you're not to far from me. I am in Hendersonville. If you need some help let me konw I have installed/removed headlights from these 4th gen trucks more than I care to admit.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had TYCs and the projectors also, didn't move....

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Like I told you previously in the PM you sent me, any projector, stock or aftermarket, should NEVER move... AT ALL. Any movement when you shake or move the headlight means that any bumps in the road will cause your lights to shake and wobble all around.