Question about exhaust manifold and headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeinJaxHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First question is: Is there a replacement manifold that you can install that will fix the broken bolts issue?

Second question: What is the easiest to install header? I hear the short ones are hard to install. If the long tube installs easier, which brand fits the best?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ARH is arguably the best LT header and fits the best. It is also the most expensive. Some people have problems installing headers, and some people don't. Could depend on your tools, temperament, location(driveway vs. lift) rusty bolts, beer consumed, etc etc. Usually not an appropriate environment for small children who have a tendency to repeat words heard. LOL
Jay

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have heard some having a tough time installing 1 3/4" JBA long tube headers, and some saying they had no problems. Just like the ARH. Between the two manufacturers,
They both produce the same HP/TQ. ARH uses 304stainless that wont rust, JBA uses 409 stainless that will get a small amount of surface rust. Both are well built and of good quality. JBA are $570. While the ARH are $1750. Yes huge difference in price.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I did long tube header on my old 2013 5.7, took me about 13 hours doing it by myself. Shorty headers should be easy because they bolt straight to the factory Y pipe. I think I read somewhere that the 4x4 guys were having clearance issues. If you long tube headers you'll need a tuner and custom tune. If your just looking to eliminate the broken bolt issue go with shorty', if you want performance go American Racing Headers. And a custom tune!