Question about factory cameras

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zer0t

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th Anniversary
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I bought mine off the lot and it wasn't configured with anything but the backup camera. I know that the their is a 360 view and front facing camera option. Can these be added after the fact? I also know there is a bed camera as well. I'd really like to order the factory bits and add these items if at all possible. Appreciate info from anyone in the know.

In the meantime my suspension build will be progressing. Ordered the pintop system from Carli suspension with Carli front adjustable track bar and Thuren rear. A bunch of other bits as well.

Cheers

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have not read anything about the 360 camera, except due to the Microchip shortage, not much is being said

The Cargo Camera can be added
I think the tailgate & Cargo camera are on several Heavy Duty Rams, especially on Rams with 5th wheel setups

Tinman454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it’s a 360 view you want I believe you also have 2 cameras in the side mirrors to add also

OP
OP
Z

zer0t

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th Anniversary
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Can the mirror cams be added as well? I'll take a look around but if someone knows off the top of their head that would be helpful.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I don't know about OEM parts and their availability, but here are several aftermarket sideview and front camera kits. I'm guessing surround view cannot be added if it wasn't installed when truck was being built on assembly line. The aftermarket stuff is squirrely, at least mine is. I have a factory back up, but the aftermarket side and front view cameras use a couple of interface modules and a harness that plugs into the UConnect, but if using NAV and when signaling, it jacks up the NAV and it loses orientation and takes several minutes to reacquire satellites and resume NAV. Adding cameras to mirrors is a major PITA DIY, to keep it all clean looking. Several videos on You Tube of shops mounting mirror cams, albeit not in any great detail. I even add a second GPS puck under the dash on a Y-splitter off the factory GPS/Sirius puck on the roof at back of radio. Didn't do anything to fix the NAV issue.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Does anyone recall that Swedish Company that was making forward facing camera harnesses & writing software for it
They were doing that several months before Ram trucks came out with it

I am wondering if they also came up with their own version of the 360 view

I can only remember that the name was something ****tronics

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You can add anything you want, doesn't matter if come factory or not.
Mine only come with rear camera. I've been putting together part numbers to add front and/or all of them.
I have tow mirrors without camera or power fold.

I haven't purchased anything yet though. On another forum, there are few people who have done it already.
Few even used 5th Gen parts on 4th Gen Trucks.

From what some others mentioned who did it, mentioned also have replace rear camera, as it's not same.
It's costly if you are going to go with mopar parts.

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Does anyone recall that Swedish Company that was making forward facing camera harnesses & writing software for it
They were doing that several months before Ram trucks came out with it

I am wondering if they also came up with their own version of the 360 view

I can only remember that the name was something ****tronics

Customtronix. I have the Jailbreaker Enzo on the way so I can install a front camera. Crux also makes them, and they're less expensive, but the Enzo has more features.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Thank You, the funny thing was that their name came to me about an hour ago, when i was having my morning milk & pastry

Looks like they are still in business
They have a Uconnect 5 product

weaverb2002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.8L
I am in the process of adding a 360 view camera and parking sensors to my 2020 Ram Rebel. I am using a local company (SoCal) that has done all the research for me and is putting in the system. this will integrate with the 12" Uconnect screen that I have in the truck and they are adding in mirror cameras and integrating with the stock backup camera. I will keep you all updated on how it turns out. I'll post about the company as well in case anyone wants to contact them.

R8DER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm in the same situation as the original poster... I went to the dealer and one almost blew me off saying that those options are factory installed; (duh) it was going to be too much money and almost to difficult for the dealer to do because of a special wiring harness that would have to be installed. He was talking about 4 figure numbers... (I mean will pay if I need to don't know what gave him the impression that I wasn't or didn't want to) told him if he can just give me an itemized list of all the parts. He never got back to me...

Second dealer i contacted (where I bought the truck from) told me he'd get back to me on a list of items but again never got back to me... wtf.... is it really that hard for them and just not worth their time? that's the impression I got anyways... I mean i can buy the parts myself and attempt to put them in myself. seem they didn't want my business that way either....

Last edited:

FXDBGABE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did
I am in the process of adding a 360 view camera and parking sensors to my 2020 Ram Rebel. I am using a local company (SoCal) that has done all the research for me and is putting in the system. this will integrate with the 12" Uconnect screen that I have in the truck and they are adding in mirror cameras and integrating with the stock backup camera. I will keep you all updated on how it turns out. I'll post about the company as well in case anyone wants to contact them.
were you able to get this done? I’m in SoCal also and have been looking into how to get this done.

Hippo66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Please let us know how you went with this. What parts ,etc