question about when new models come out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
curious when do new models start coming out? Been waiting since feb. for this rebel.
No updates. Wondering if I should just cancel it and wait 2022 model to come out?

Likely still be chip issue.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
SHAP is doing a one week summer shutdown at the end of July, that's usually when model year builds change. With as short stocked most dealers are wait till one you have order to come in or the '22 spec come out before you decide. Your dealer will have no problems offloading the truck you ordered if you decide to order a '22

OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Would be nice if I could figure out if they doing anything, or if it's queue, how many are before it.
Tried different VIN's in that web site, but didn't get anywhere :)

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I thought ordering was open for the 2022 trucks so you should be able to see what is new? From what I heard (and given the current state of the world) I wouldn't expect much if any changes.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I bought my 21 a couple weeks ago the salesman said that if I wanted to special order one that it would more than likely be a MY 22 because this is about the time the "change over" is made

mxsnow

Reaction score
Ram Year
1995 BR V10,2005 DR Hemi,2015 DS Outdoorsman Hemi,2019 Bighorn Hemi.
Engine
hemi 5.7
HD orders started being accepted June 14th,plant shutdown was supposed to be July 19th-23,HD job one was supposed to be July 26th but got pushed back to August 9th

OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
2022 Rebel GT looks very interesting. But not sure I want to wait for stock. already waiting 7 months.
Likely have to wait another 10 months.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Dealership orders, including orders from customers begin just before FLEET Orders, multi-vehicle orders

Every year, all the Brands try to get at least a few of their line up prepared for the different auto shows in September

A couple of the Fleet ordering sites are
ARI FLEET
&
Donlan

Go to either site & click on the word RESOURCES & then BUILD OUT

Year will be 2021-22

ARI check RAM
Donlan check Chrysler

OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What happens if you ordered truck and it's taking long time to build it. And they shut down to make new models. Do they keep building old one, do they switch and do new one?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
What happens if you ordered truck and it's taking long time to build it. And they shut down to make new models. Do they keep building old one, do they switch and do new one?
Technically they can keep building a model year truck under a '21 VIN but most likely it will rolled over to a '22.

OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for the information.

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I certainly wouldn't bank on anything too exciting in terms of changes from '21 to '22 other than the new Rebel GT which all the specs are already released on. You'll just be waiting longer if you cancel and reorder now. If it were me I'd stick with what you have ordered rather than delaying who knows how much longer, unless you are really excited about the GT models (which I personally don't feel are all that special, its just an extra $3k package on the existing Rebel).