Question: How to fold rear seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin Patterson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 with eTorque
I know the rear seats can be folded down. I just had a system put in and when I was watching them they had the rear seats folded down, now that I have it home I can't figure out how they did it. Anyone have any idea how to release them. There is a hook in back that they latch on too. Not sure how you release them from the hook.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
The backs of the rear seats do not fold down, if that's what you're asking. The seats can be removed and placed so that they appear to be folded.

on edit: at least, that's the way it has been since at least '13. Remove the four bolts in the floor, slide the entire seat up to get it out of the wall bracket.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Some people modded the last generation seat backs to fold down by adding washers under the rear seat bolts so that when you fold the seat bottoms up and the seat back moves up a little it will clear the hook. Some also just cut a bit off the end of the hook to make it shorter.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 2019s have a latch that can be pulled. There is a small string that you can grab and pull to unlatch it. There are posts on other forums about this and some pictures. Google search should bring it up.

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 2019s have a latch that can be pulled. There is a small string that you can grab and pull to unlatch it. There are posts on other forums about this and some pictures. Google search should bring it up.

Any links or pictures? Tried googling but no info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's a pic of the back of the seat. With the console folded out, you can reach in the back for it. 20181020_154528.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did not know you could do that. My Laramie does have the loops and will fold down. Took me a bit to find the loop the first time.