Question on hemifever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The canned tunes are very conservative and run richer to stay on the safe side for everything it's intended application is for. You may notice a little difference but nothing overwhelming getting into the custom tunes are where things will wake up also with the trans tunes the canned trans will change a few things up but custom tuning completely changes the drivability for the better. The two top are hemifever and jay greene. I've never used hemifever but alot of people here use him and love it. Jay has always been awesome with me and his tunes are top notch. He is easy to talk to and works with you as often as you want to get it dialed in how you want and updates whenever you want or add something new. Jay is priced a little higher but for the little bit extra having someone you trust and know what quality you will get makes it all worth it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guy's, I'll need all the assistance i can get. I tow in the hills often so squeezing out more torque is all me. So just goggle moes and or jays.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can contact Moe's about the tuner and the tunes. Matt works closely with Sean(Hemifever)and sometimes has a "package" deal for a tuner and the custom tunes included. I'm not sure if Jay sells the tuners themselves, however he does do the tuning. I've had 3 different 4th Gen trucks and Sean has tune every one of them.
Jay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you sir!
So this tuning equipment
(Hemifever).
Is that specific to his upgrades?
Another words is it
Diablo i3, bully dog, etc..
I jus sent Jay an email so I'll see what he offers.
Thanks Marine! 4 year
82 Airbourn here.
79/83...Ft Bragg..

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Someone plz correct me here if im wrong.
Minutes away from buying the Diablo i3. Clearly octane rating is everthing but you folks are saying if i set for 91 or higher and get caught out in bum phuc having to purchase low grade fuel, im phucked? What happens?
Detonation?
Someone help me out here b4 i pull the trigger on tuner.
I got caught with my pants down over this a few weeks ago. I filled 5 gallons (with low warning light already on) of 87 & babied it home for about 35 miles. The next day, filled up with my usual 90 & injector cleaner. Didn't ping once, but I also didn't really load up the engine.

If you're in the same position, you should be fine. But I wouldn't make it a habit.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Both hemifever and jay send you tunes via email. You say you are getting an I3, once you get that they will send you a tune. You install the tune and do some data logging and send them the logs. They will dial the tune right into your truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Savage, im famous for riding right by last chance gas pulling a trailer . Gonna have to carry extra fuel i suppose.....
Ff1819 that sounds a lot more simplistic than what im making it out to be then. So basically all I'll need is my lap top for all that transfer of info..

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any computer with a USB. Drag and drop files to the tuner and vise vs for the data logs to your email. First few times I did it jay walked me through it all on the phone and took his time with me. It was a good experience all around with him

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jay is Facebook and email. Google it a bunch of his stuff will come up. I dont have social media anymore so I do email.

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok thanks I will try.
And for Matt? I directly ask on the Hemifever site and tell them I went from the forum?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FF1899, well i sure feel better about this now! I certainly appreciate all the help gentlemen. Hoping to hear back from Jay soon, boy have i got questions..

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Evening gentlemen.
Iv spoke with jay but emails take time. Still hammering **** out b4 i spend a $.
Got a few questions of course for the guys in the know.
(Throttle body)
Upgrade or stay stock?
I dont have a build sheet so how do i determine whats in it now? If i go up a notch what should i go with. Im not looking for aggressive but definitely something that improves performance. What can i expect out of going up in size? Performance/fuel consumption? If i do change, what about the spacer? Stay stock or buy larger? What brands should i be looking at?
So,
Change throttle?
What size?
Brand?
Lastly, if im not mistaken Sean's name has came up multiple times. Is he in the sales dept at moes? Iv googled moes but im getting hits from cali to sweden lol. Anybody got that contact info? Thanks guys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sent my Tb off today to Mr Dan over at fastman ind. Couldnt NOT do it .
The pricing was incredible for what you get back in returns. Next stop, hemifever an then Mr Green. Hopefully this will put the heart back in the ol gal...:driver: