Question on lifting a Sport 1.5"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kanab Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Hi,

I'm looking to raise my 2018 Sport 1.5" for additional clearance while also maintaining the existing rake. I purchased a pair of TufTruck progressive springs (stock height), 1.5" rear spacers, and Bilstien 5100s. Since my objective is to maintain a similar rake, is it safe to assume that the 1.4" setting for the front should be selected?

Thank you

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
what was the reasoning behind new springs?

As for the rest, I have my bils at 2.8, and a 1.5" rear spacer to keep just a tad bit of rake. You could go 1.4 or 2.1 and get a little more rake.

OP
OP
Kanab Ram

Kanab Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Thanks shadowhawk. I purchased the progressive springs for extra stability when hauling my ATV.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
when I did mine I put fox 2.0 shocks on the rear. I believe they are stock length

OP
OP
Kanab Ram

Kanab Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I bought the standard Bilstiens for the truck and saw on another thread and elsewhere that the 1.5" spacer is required.

I like to put the ATV in the truck as often as I can, but also have a trailer for it.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I bought the standard Bilstiens for the truck and saw on another thread and elsewhere that the 1.5" spacer is required.

I like to put the ATV in the truck as often as I can, but also have a trailer for it.

you only need the spacers if you put the Bils at full height

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why not buy springs that will give the extra lift form tuff truck if you want to go that way. Cost is the same from the versions that don't give you any lift I think. Little longer shocks wouldn't hurt either especially if you're gaining lift via springs or spacers it wouldn't matter. The shock will extend more than stock height regardless.

Snacktime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I am at 2.1 on the front bilstiens with 1.5" rear spacer and sitting with less rake than factory. Ended up with about 2.5 inches of lift in the front. Sits about perfect and defiantly helped with load handling. Most people can't tell my truck is leveled with 275 65 20 tires unless I park next to a stock truck.

Buy the Bilstiens as stock shocks don't go 100K miles. Springs are tempting but I don't see the point because air bags are a better option.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Until the hoses get damaged or the bags leak, not counting if you're doing offroading the bags will hinder your offroad performance. i'd think it'll be best to say that there is a modification worth it more or less depending on needs and driving habits. Coil springs, spacers or HD bumpstops (Timbren, SuperSprings, etc) don't leak for sure :)

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Front end lift (height and lift options) is subjective. Rear lift is whole other deal. I installed a 3/4" poly spacer for now, very inexpensive and simple. I do know that a load capacity increase is in the near future, whether air bags, air shocks or springs. I am leaning towards a progressive HD 1" lift spring swap.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Until the hoses get damaged or the bags leak, not counting if you're doing offroading the bags will hinder your offroad performance. i'd think it'll be best to say that there is a modification worth it more or less depending on needs and driving habits. Coil springs, spacers or HD bumpstops (Timbren, SuperSprings, etc) don't leak for sure :)

Not that bags/lines cant leak, but I have had mine on my power wagon for 4 years now and they are still going strong. Never had an issue. Just got back from the Silver Lake sand dunes too, using them real hard as bumps stops with no issues towing the camper back home. Been doing it every year. Also, with using the daystar cradles I still have all the droop the power wagon offers, and with the Airlift bags I used they have an internal bump-stop so I dont have to leave air in the bags. I figure I did loose a very slight amount of compression travel, however.

Just throwing out there my opinion on bags. Have really enjoyed them and would do it all over again.