Question on the 2019 Ram 3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RodneyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a question in regards to my 2019 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins engine. I've been following this issue with the CP4 fuel pump. I've been trying to find out which one of the series is in my truck. The only marks I have found are two rows of approximately 5 dimples on the left side ??

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
It is my understanding, that all 19 and 20's have the CP4 pump?

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I have the 20 model cp4 glitter bomb. There are numerous variations that they tried slightly different things with and they marked the pumps with so many different variations of dimples. All that matters is your like me and we have a ticking time bomb waiting to shut us down and hopefully NOT cause an accident. The only true proof that you would have a corrected version is if somebody put the new 21 fuel pump in your truck that very highly resembles the older cp3. Untill then hope it don't blow and cost you $20,000 and wait for a recall or a fix which I heard might possibley be announced by the end of q3, but you know how that goes.

OP
OP
R

RodneyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I appreciate the feedback. I sure hope something is done. I brought this unit to haul my 5th wheel so I can travel and enjoy my retirement not worry my truck isn’t going to survive.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I agree 100% Rod. We tow a 13k fifth wheel as ful timers across the country and im always worried about it going out and losing all power and brakes. I'm having a custom fifth wheel built that Will be ready in 2 months and it weighs 26,000, so yeah I'm concerned to say the least. I've been using hot shot lx4 lubricity additive in our fuel since very early on and I can only hope that the extra lubricated fuel ( like Canada uses) will make the differance. I'm currently at 16,000 miles, knock on wood

OP
OP
R

RodneyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Started using Diesel Kleen to help lube the fuel system at 5200 miles hoping it will help.please let me know if you hear anything about a fix and I’ll do the same

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio