Questions About Installing Auto Dim Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
No I haven't. My truck is a 2014 so that option isn't even in my BCM. I'm pretty sure the dealer can add that code though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. But dealer option is out, to many other changes that have been made would be wiped out by a dealer flash, not to mention trying to find a dealer that would even be willing to do this.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for your reply. But dealer option is out, to many other changes that have been made would be wiped out by a dealer flash, not to mention trying to find a dealer that would even be willing to do this.
The dealers should have no problem adding the code as long as it's an available option in your BCM which it should be. You are correct though it would definitely wipe out anything else you have done and put your truck back to its stock configuration. I have had to do that in the past and then have the truck reflashed and then put everything back.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wasn't able to add the mirror power fold, puddle, or signal light codes with the AE tool on my truck (13 ram)... Gotta go OBDgenie for that one.
AutoDim and Auto High Beam (SmartBeam) can be done, Dual Zone ATC appears to be safe, but Single Zone ATC will mess up the truck branding (ie Ram changes to chrysler) and any attempts to change it back with the AE tool royally screws up the truck, as in tow to dealer (ie left hand drive to right hand drive, etc).

Edit: FYI, think that 68096094AF mirror will have the mics on it based on an eBay picture.

M² Mods.

It does have the mics, but I figured I could just skip having that sales code added. I'm really hoping that I can get the auto high beams working somehow though.

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
this will work on my ram 1500 slt 2013

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Ramagain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Old Thread alert!!!
Just added this on my 2013 3500 using a mirror and sensor from a 2016 Ram 1500 Sport. I deleted the humidity sensor and wiring and replaced it with the cab light lead that was in the original harness and is on the body connector (wht/grn). Cab lights funstion as does the microphone system. wasn't able to verify the auto dim feature ( no options in the 8.4 menu either). So, I've been fumbling through the process to a degree apparently. I added the auto high beams and mirror in the Alfa App but didn't activate it through the Uconnect system. I turned it on through the Systems menu options for lighting and saw this display on the EVIC but alas they did not function ( stayed bright with oncoming traffic)
i just got out of the truck now after searching through the Alpha app and found a LIN option that I didn't activate, I turned it on but the auto high beams don't seem to function still...
Activated:
VehConfig 1: Auto Highbeam ( Yes)
VehConfig 3: Interior electrochromatic mirror present (yes)
LIN and MISC: Smart Beam Present (yes)

Questions: there's two lines close to the Smart Beam options in the menue that read "ASBMM present" and "ASBM present". They are defaulted to Yes. I'm assuming they are related to the Smart Beam?
There's options to set a calibration "CBC Extern.Light Calibr,:Auto Headlamp on (and Off) threshold (0-5V)
would one need to set thresholds in order for the sensor to operate? and what would be a good threshold?

Sorry to dig this old thread up, it was the only one I found searching for the auto headlight INSTALLATION.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you enable the options in the CSM menu with the Alfa tool and do you have the 8.4" radio? Not sure what you ended up doing with your harness ect but it will work with the standard mirror harness as well as the rain sensor/humidity sensor style harness. Im not sure if the option for the Auto High Beam feature will show up in your EVIC if yiu have the standard 3" radio or if it will show up.on the screen with the 5" radio. Look in the first post of the Alfa thread under (known working codes) to see what needs to be enabled. Once you get all the codes in you need to go into your settings menu on your radio and turn it on. ef4d370883c6ecda2888d6286046a1cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Ramagain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 8.4 and upgraded cluster (all from the same truck) it is showing up as an option there and is active in the EVIC. Did you ever get yours to function?

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I have the 8.4 and upgraded cluster (all from the same truck) it is showing up as an option there and is active in the EVIC. Did you ever get yours to function?

Ramagain...its been awhile since I did this mod. My notes show the following 5 settings I set using AlfaObd. You may be missing #4 below:

1) Auto High Beam----Yes
2) Interior EC Mirror Present---Yes
3) Smart Beam Present (AHBM)--Yes
4) Auto High Beam Module Location--Select "ECC-AHBM"
5) Auto High Beam CSM--Yes

Hope it helps......GL

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I don't set 2014CBC options do I?

I didn't set it when I did the mod. All the Alfa settings that I "set" are the ones listed in my post above.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, mine works fine. One thing to note is you have to have your headlights set to auto and it needs to be dark enough for them to turn on automatically on order for the feature to work. I have the same settings enabled that @mjf6175 does. One other thing to note is are you sure you have the correct Smart Beam Mirror?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
27d87a24ff8fe5b8494ecbce4cc0fdf1.jpg

Last edited:

Ramagain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ramagain...its been awhile since I did this mod. My notes show the following 5 settings I set using AlfaObd. You may be missing #4 below:

1) Auto High Beam----Yes
2) Interior EC Mirror Present---Yes
3) Smart Beam Present (AHBM)--Yes
4) Auto High Beam Module Location--Select "ECC-AHBM"
5) Auto High Beam CSM--Yes

Hope it helps......GL
Looks like #4 was it. It's listed as" 2014CBC I/O & Feat.:Auto Hugh Beam module location." Select "ECC AHBM
Threw me off because I thought this was only specific for 2014 and mine was a 2013. I set it finally and everything works as it should. I do not however see a rear view mirror option in the 8.4 not do I have a controls option available. I have yet to update the software version (17.11.17) .
Thanks for y'alls help!