questions about interchanging parts .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
OK I got several dodges but tonight I want to ask about my 1988 D250 5.2 & 727TRANS.
TRANS IS BAD & seemed worse tonight while running around the farm. It was 100* at 5pm.
SO I found a salvage donor ...$300.00.. It a 1987 dodge ram charger doesn't appear to have too many mile s on it .. It has a tilt steering column in it .. My column in the D250 is a little noisy & doesn't tilt.
.... WONT THE 87 TILT WHELL INTERCHANGE THE WIRING BE CORRECT .
.... 2ND QUESTION .... WON'T IT's 727 2 wheel drive trans swap right ove into my D250.
.... The Ram Charger has nice bucket seats & a center console same color as my truck .
Won't they swap right into my D250 BENCH replacement..
.....3rd Question .. 87 Ram Charger radio & my truck Radio wont they interchange ..
Mine doesn't work but every so slightly .. not much volume.. The 87 has a nice looking dash in it.
.... Ok 4th question ... 87 DASH CONSOLE LOOKS nice .. I'll not know about it until I put it in my truck
But I've been into mine twice & still half the lights don't work . & 2 of my gauges on the left side don't work ..Volts & Temp . I'm running an after market Temp gauge in my truck .
But I believe whil I'm in the dash It'd be worth the effort to swap the dash Cluster .
.... & 5TH A GOOD Straight front Bumper with Chrome Bumperettes .
I'm real sure it'll swap into my 88 truck.
...... & I do believe that 87 Ram Charger has a good rear tail gate & Glass in it to sell .
& Some ... hopefully 4 nice mag type wheels on it . .
... Oh & the 87 has a good drivers side door on it . But it's Electric & Mine is manual .. My door won't shut & Yes I've adjusted it many times . It has several worn parts .

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
kinda hard to follow but here's what I can add.

the bumper should be an easy swap. the seats will need a little fussing but should swap in. Dash and radio should swap for the most part. a 2 WD 727 trans should swap in for another 727 2WD trans. can't speak on the tilt column but I think some of the electronics for a tilt is different from non tilt.

The rest, I'll leave to others.

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
ok guys I got the tilt wheel swapped into place. It worked but I had to also swap the lower steering rod. The Electrical worked.
SO Even my Grand Son whose learning to drive on the farm this summer . He said he loves the tilt wheel much better that the od stock column .
We both believe something was wrong inside the old column now that we have the tilt in place .