Questions about OPT7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Our 2017 Laramie with the projectors is better than our old 2012 Express, but still not what we'd like. I know most recommend against going with LEDs with projectors. Just got an email from OPT7 advertising these.

http://www.opt-7.com/cyclone-ac-hid-kit/

Thoughts?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
If you want HID’s contact Jeremy at retroshop. Also diode dynamics now makes an LED bulb designed for projectors. Jeremy can also get those for you.

Just saying there are better options out there

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks interesting. Try them out and let us know. :)

transam210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Opt 7 products are terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I've had terrible radio interference with OPT7 products on more than 1 vehicle

Hemipower392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm missing 2 cylinders
DONT BUY OPT7
I’ve had fog and head light bulbs for two years and have to replace each set twice a year (under warranty) cause they keep going out.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are a lot more positive reviews of OPT7 than there are negatives. I've been extremely happy with my Fluxbeam-X LED's. No issues what-so-ever. Now, this is my first experience with them, so can't go any farther than that, but I did do a LOT of research before I bought them.

I'm not sure about any of their other products, but for what I have, they've been great.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I have quads , but when researching for HIDs and LED's read a lot good things about the Morimoto 50 watt HIDS

Think you have to bump up the Balists for the 50 watt kit though ?

transam210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive used Diode Dynamics on multiple vehicles including HIDs on my Rebel for years and have yet to have an issue with anything I've ever gotten from them.

Hemipower392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm missing 2 cylinders
There are a lot more positive reviews of OPT7 than there are negatives. I've been extremely happy with my Fluxbeam-X LED's. No issues what-so-ever. Now, this is my first experience with them, so can't go any farther than that, but I did do a LOT of research before I bought them.

I'm not sure about any of their other products, but for what I have, they've been great.

dang, I have the same ones you have and mine keep burning out

drooler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the fluxbeam (not "X") in my fogs for more than 2 years and still going strong. Wouldn't recommend them in the projectors though.

Brian Reyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I got a similar email from them and their products but when I went to their page i noticed that it wasn't a secure site. RED FLAG!!! I have a 2017 laramie as well. I just ordered an HID kit with sun series ballast from www.xenonhids.com for my lows. I previously had the same setup in my 2015 Express blackout with projectors (It looked Amazing). and C6s LED's off of amazon which I saw a review on and they look great and only cost 25 for the set plug and play. As soon as they come in Ill post pics!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel