Questions so far on my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody else seem to think their DRL (Not what Ram calls DRL) isn't that bright compared to other FCA models? BTW, if you go to settings and turn DRL on, it turns the headlights on...and the manual says thats normal! WTF.

My defroster needs a look-see. Unless I go full HI, my driver side blows out cold air. Weird.

Bass - holy **** is this thing stupid on bass. I have mine now set to -4 sometimes -5...with mid/high to +5. The bass is so overpowering, so unclean, not tight, and just annoying. Hoping a software update can fix this.

Homelink ... For whatever reason when I press 1 and 3, I get no message, no clearing channels nothing. Again, weird.

IPod - why is it **** on this system versus my older 8.4? It sometimes reads, sometimes it doesn't (requiring unplugging and replugging) Furthermore, I haven't found the option that lists the tracks...just a browse button. Oddly enough the USB in the console will not play through the radio...odd

Just a few things I've noticed.....Anyone else? Or thoughts on the above?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sadly have not have my truck long enough to even see if there’s any problems.

alwi228

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I watched MikesCarInfo () he went over a Laramie. The lights I would have considered DRL's, he said weren't. The actual DRL aspect of the headlight is just turning on the headlight. Sort of like (only example I can think of) 2013 Grand Cherokees had daytime running lights, but it was just a bulb, then in 2014 it switched to the LED strip. So...that might explain why it's turning on your headlight? Or I could be completely wrong. I have exactly zero 2019 Rams in my garage

alwi228

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah...just don't think my "real" DRL are that bright though

Agreed. I figured the Limited/Longhorn DRL would be as bright as my grand Cherokee, but I saw one on the highway yesterday and it wasn't much brighter than the chrome on the front end and pretty much just blended in. Oh well, is what it is

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Anybody else seem to think their DRL (Not what Ram calls DRL) isn't that bright compared to other FCA models? BTW, if you go to settings and turn DRL on, it turns the headlights on...and the manual says thats normal! WTF.

My defroster needs a look-see. Unless I go full HI, my driver side blows out cold air. Weird.

Bass - holy **** is this thing stupid on bass. I have mine now set to -4 sometimes -5...with mid/high to +5. The bass is so overpowering, so unclean, not tight, and just annoying. Hoping a software update can fix this.

Homelink ... For whatever reason when I press 1 and 3, I get no message, no clearing channels nothing. Again, weird.

IPod - why is it **** on this system versus my older 8.4? It sometimes reads, sometimes it doesn't (requiring unplugging and replugging) Furthermore, I haven't found the option that lists the tracks...just a browse button. Oddly enough the USB in the console will not play through the radio...odd

Dont plug in your android phone, that will be a whole new wave of frustration. I have the alpine system and I was able to tune that to where I really really like it. When I played with the hk I couldn't. I had to upgrade my ipod to a 5th gen ipod touch running ios11.3.1 and leave it plugged in once it was working. Everything has been working well with ipod for a week. I have a whole post on bbnmy android complaints. The new truck has potential but right now I miss my 2015 in some respects

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes the HK bass is terrible. Really terrible.

I had AC issues and have been hearing of other AC issues with the 2019.

Hopefully both of these will be fixed with recalls. Eagerly waiting.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Op I’ve found out also that my center console usb is also useless lol. I have plugged several things in and nothing occurs. My iPod that I used to use faithfully doesn’t work in this one. It will accept it, but then it kicks me out. Since this will be my first weekend with it, I’ll run through some troubleshooting and post what I find.

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I messed with many ipods until I was blue in the face. I think it will only work with IOS 11.3.1 and up. I think that starts with the gen5 ipod or apple 6 iphone.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Neither of which I have nor have any desire to buy a new one just to make music lol. I’ll check using a thumb drive to see if that even works.

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I hear ya! I ended up buying my daughters ipod touch off of her lol. Paid for the damn thing twice! Now I have a pink music player on display in my center consol, because there is no usb in the covered storage, like the last truck.

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It wasn’t an iPod but have been using my iPhone6(iPod)
And a galaxy tablet through the usb connect with no problems. Possibly software version issue.

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I find the DRL's to be bright but I have it turned 'on' in the settings and hadn't really noticed it turned on the headlights...that's dumb. As for the bass, I tend to agree. Personally, I would lower those mids to about 0. You may be surprised how much bass comes through when the mids are cranked up...I think 'muddy' bass when the mids are too high. Source matters, not a fan of SiriusXM in general. Homelink is always a pain in the ass for me...I got it to work after a few tries, which is par for the course for me.

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I watched MikesCarInfo () he went over a Laramie. The lights I would have considered DRL's, he said weren't. The actual DRL aspect of the headlight is just turning on the headlight. Sort of like (only example I can think of) 2013 Grand Cherokees had daytime running lights, but it was just a bulb, then in 2014 it switched to the LED strip. So...that might explain why it's turning on your headlight? Or I could be completely wrong. I have exactly zero 2019 Rams in my garage

I noticed that when I have the brights on and I turn the wheel, it lights up the corresponding fog light, pretty neat stuff and actually helpful in my driveway. Not sure how well it would work or how far you need to crank the wheel if you are actually on a two-lane backroad but those fogs do a lot to light up the corner of a turn.

The Gibson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes the HK bass is terrible. Really terrible.

I had AC issues and have been hearing of other AC issues with the 2019.

Hopefully both of these will be fixed with recalls. Eagerly waiting.

How were your AC issues resolved? Mine is not cold after an hour with full fan and both sides on 60. My GM truck would freeze you out in minutes. This can't be normal.

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How were your AC issues resolved? Mine is not cold after an hour with full fan and both sides on 60. My GM truck would freeze you out in minutes. This can't be normal.

Well...lol.
First off my AC was low on Freon. With that said it still is not what I would call good. Mine was blowing 70.
Now upon start up it blows the same as yours. Takes it a long while to cool off while moving. It seems that this is just the way it is from what the dealer said and ramcare.

I’m hoping since more vehicles are hitting the street and it’s hot everywhere now that there will be a recall fix of some sorts.

The sad part is I used to start my vehicle and turn the ac to cool the truck before I would go anywhere so now there is no point.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Op I’ve found out also that my center console usb is also useless lol. I have plugged several things in and nothing occurs. My iPod that I used to use faithfully doesn’t work in this one. It will accept it, but then it kicks me out. Since this will be my first weekend with it, I’ll run through some troubleshooting and post what I find.
On my 2019, the "Center" console USB is strictly for charging. The (2) on the front dash interact with the system, IMHO

AC issue also, not cool well at an idle. SO when I take truck to dealer to get TT controls, gonna make them charge the unit.....