Quick question about upper control arms.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Need advice asap in case I need to cancel my order...

I installed 2" leveling struts and ordered new UCAs, but I just noticed that they say for a 3" lift.

Do I need to order different UCAs, or will they work with the 2" leveling struts?

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which UCAs? I have the Zone UCAs and they are for up to 3'' of lift but yours may be different.

OP
OP
ClassicJoe

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, it looks like the truck sits a tad higher anyways, so hopefully it will work out.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They will work even if you got 2" even lift. They will make the vehicle feel a lot better riding than those who go with the OE replacement ones at the same lift, Why ? simple geometry. Most aftermarket UCA's have a built in offset that helps correct caster/camber after lift so the BJ gets positioned at a more neutral stance after the lift and the BJ can move more freely as the suspension cycles up/down without any binding. You can also ask your alignment guy/gal to set your caster 1-2* higher than factory and get you towards the 5* range which will help when offroading/fitting larger tires with less chances of rubbing at the back seams.