R1 Concepts VS Power Stop Brake kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hydro Blue 2018 4x2 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey there,

I am thinking about upgrading the brakes on the 1500 but don't have the 3 or so grand for Wilwood at this time.

So I have been looking around and these two popped up and both seem pretty good for the price points.
Has anyone in here tired either one and have any good or bad points about either??

Thanks in advance...

Srt-cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have used two of the power stop kits. One on my wife’s old charger and one on my truck. I had no issues for the 6 months we still had my wife’s charger and my truck has been running them almost a year now with no issues. In both instances I bought the drilled and slotted rotors(I like the look) and pads and reutilized my factory calipers. They have different levels of pads you can get. I just picked a middle of the road for my usage. Biggest thing to make sure to do it the break-in procedure immediately after installing them. Otherwise they stop great and I haven’t noticed any loss of stopping vs factory. That being said I don’t notice them being better than factory either but that’s fine with me as my main goal was improving looks with out sacrificing stopping power.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have R1 and went with the black zinc... which is all rusted now after only 3 months. Wish I spent the extra on powerstop. My buddies powerstop kiy is 2 years old and still looks new. R1s brake pads produce a TON of dust on the fronts. I will say the stopping power is impressive, for their drilled/slotted kit. Just my .02

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the R1 Concepts Cross Drilled and Slotted rotors from Nick at Gotexhaust! They are incredible!!! look like the day I installed them!!! I got the double coated rotors! Highly recommend them!!!!

https://gotexhaust.com/i-23698983-2009-2018-ram-1500-got-exhaust-performance-brake-package.html

This kit features the Geomet rotors NOT to be confused with the black zinc coated rotors. The Geomets with the single coating hold up very well. Add the optional double coating and they will hold up to harsh conditions ever better! Our package provides long lasting reliable braking with great stopping power while being low dust. Plus they look great! Follow the link above and use promo code GOTBRAKES15 for a discount. Dont forget to check out the optional caliper paint for an added touch!!!

Also the package has posiquiet pads NOT the R1 pads as we dont recommend them for multiple reasons. The posiquiet pads work very well overall.

Let me know if you have any questions

Last edited:
OP
OP
mighty noid

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have used two of the power stop kits. One on my wife’s old charger and one on my truck. I had no issues for the 6 months we still had my wife’s charger and my truck has been running them almost a year now with no issues. In both instances I bought the drilled and slotted rotors(I like the look) and pads and reutilized my factory calipers. They have different levels of pads you can get. I just picked a middle of the road for my usage. Biggest thing to make sure to do it the break-in procedure immediately after installing them. Otherwise they stop great and I haven’t noticed any loss of stopping vs factory. That being said I don’t notice them being better than factory either but that’s fine with me as my main goal was improving looks with out sacrificing stopping power.

Thank you for the this...

OP
OP
mighty noid

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have R1 and went with the black zinc... which is all rusted now after only 3 months. Wish I spent the extra on powerstop. My buddies powerstop kiy is 2 years old and still looks new. R1s brake pads produce a TON of dust on the fronts. I will say the stopping power is impressive, for their drilled/slotted kit. Just my .02

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is outstanding input. Thank you

Midknight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’ve had the R1 package for about 15k miles now. Stopping power is fantastic and hasn’t changed. They produce more dust than stock but with the drilled and slotted I expected that. The Geomet double coating has held up well and I have no visible rust on non braking surfaces. The pads will clean the coating off after a few drives to get to clean metal as they should. Overall very happy with this kit.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I have the power stop on my 11 front and rear. Brakes and rotors have held up well. I've had them on since 82,000 miles and I've got 149,000 now with no concerns.

I expect I will need them again by 200k.