Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdkush

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I’ve scoured the internet for answers to this and while I’ve seen other people post about it I’ve yet to find a working solution. I’ve got a 2013 ram that I did a Ra1(base radio) to a Ra2 (Uconnect 5.0) swap in. I ended up getting multiple (x3) uconnect 5.0’s (Ra2's) so I tested all in my truck and sold the extras.

anyway the first two Ra2’s worked great - no issues - so I ended up selling them.

The third Ra2 everything worked except no audio, so I reset the can bus, which fixed the issue - audio came back on.

I’ve had to repeat this process every couple of days as the audio cuts out again. I’ve tried the soft reset but I have been unable to get the soft reset to occur. I did get into the “engineering menu” once and saw two trouble codes listed but couldn’t find any info on what the codes meant.

I feel like this audio issue always comes back after a reset when I start the truck using the dealer installed factory remote start. I’ve noticed when remote starting the truck everything seems to power up except the radio - I’m thinking that since the truck didn’t come from factory with either the remote start or the uconnect 5.0 that I may be missing some communication/programming some where. I have noticed that after remote starting, the radio will power on after I unlock the truck and open the door “waking up” the can bus system. Can I program the can bus / accessories to come on during a remote start?

Does anyone have any ideas?

I do have an Alfa OBD subscription so I can make changes myself if anyone has any ideas.

so new info to add to this post. I made my own "blue adapter" and can now access the radio through Alfaobd. When in the radio alfamenu my only menu options are: "radio buzzer, reset keysense PIN, apps installation, VIN write, & Reset ECU". I tried writing my VIN but got the following error "Failed. The ECU has detected that the request contains parameter(s) with value(s) outside the allowable range." Ive tried writing the VIN using both capital and lower case characters with the same result.

Id like to try the "reset ECU" but am not sure if this is just for the radio or the whole truck. If its just the radio ill give it a shot, if its the truck ECU that's not something I wanna mess with and have to have the dealer fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I cross posted on ramforumz but nobody responded

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I’ve scoured the internet for answers to this and while I’ve seen other people post about it I’ve yet to find a working solution. I’ve got a 2013 ram that I did a Ra1(base radio) to a Ra2 (Uconnect 5.0) swap in. I ended up getting multiple (x3) uconnect 5.0’s (Ra2's) so I tested all in my truck and sold the extras.

anyway the first two Ra2’s worked great - no issues - so I ended up selling them.

The third Ra2 everything worked except no audio, so I reset the can bus, which fixed the issue - audio came back on.

I’ve had to repeat this process every couple of days as the audio cuts out again. I’ve tried the soft reset but I have been unable to get the soft reset to occur. I did get into the “engineering menu” once and saw two trouble codes listed but couldn’t find any info on what the codes meant.

I feel like this audio issue always comes back after a reset when I start the truck using the dealer installed factory remote start. I’ve noticed when remote starting the truck everything seems to power up except the radio - I’m thinking that since the truck didn’t come from factory with either the remote start or the uconnect 5.0 that I may be missing some communication/programming some where. I have noticed that after remote starting, the radio will power on after I unlock the truck and open the door “waking up” the can bus system. Can I program the can bus / accessories to come on during a remote start?

Does anyone have any ideas?

I do have an Alfa OBD subscription so I can make changes myself if anyone has any ideas.

so new info to add to this post. I made my own "blue adapter" and can now access the radio through Alfaobd. When in the radio alfamenu my only menu options are: "radio buzzer, reset keysense PIN, apps installation, VIN write, & Reset ECU". I tried writing my VIN but got the following error "Failed. The ECU has detected that the request contains parameter(s) with value(s) outside the allowable range." Ive tried writing the VIN using both capital and lower case characters with the same result.

Id like to try the "reset ECU" but am not sure if this is just for the radio or the whole truck. If its just the radio ill give it a shot, if its the truck ECU that's not something I wanna mess with and have to have the dealer fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I cross posted on ramforumz but nobody responded
When I do it while connected to my 8.4 UAS the reset ECU option only resets the radio (like a reboot).

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mdkush

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Update: I swapped out the radio for another one I purchased off facebook. The new radio works fine, but is out of a Wrangler, so some of the menu options only apply to a Jeep (door off power options). Additionally for what ever reason the jeep radio does not recognize the ram steering wheel controls, Which the ram radio malfunctioning radio does recognize - though volume still doesn't actually work. When using Alfaobd to access the radios I see a large menu difference with MANY more options available in the jeep radio.

When reading faults with Alfaobd the ram radio shows CAN performance faults which the jeep radio does not show. now I'm wondering if this is an issue with the actual ram radio - any help on what specifically id be greatly appreciative of.

additionally when accessing the ram's radio engineering menu I get the following DTC codes

(957713: 88476), (c01100: 88299), (c01100: 88299), (c19900: 88299), (a80b00: 88299)

lastly the ram radio shows a fault where it loses connection to the driver door module that the jeep radio does not.

please help