Radiator fan seems to be running all the time when the car is on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rafaelw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Hey, friends! I recently got my 2019 Laramie's radiator fixed, but now I'm having some trouble. The radiator fan seems to be running all the time when the car is on, and the dashboard is showing the engine light and start/stop light with an exclamation point. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before and has any ideas on why this might be happening? Also, do you think it's safe to keep driving for a while? Thanks for your help!Any ideas why it happens?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You need to find out what the error codes are. Most auto parts store will scan for them for free.
If I was to take a guess it's probably something to do with the Start/Stop readiness, the battery charge may not be sufficient.

ibike

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Codes. Give us the codes. That’ll help us help you!

OP
OP
R

rafaelw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Codes. Give us the codes. That’ll help us help you!
Hi, I finally got an appointment. Here are the codes:
PCM lost communication with AGS --- PCM lost communication with active air dam module --- PCM engine hood switch 2 sircuit high –-- try to perform grill shutter test no activation.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like you have eTorque with start/stop that may have something to do with your fan always running, I would fix your AGS problem, what was wrong with your radiator?
did something get disconnected when the radiator was repaired.

OP
OP
R

rafaelw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
It seems a shutter was broken, We ordered a new one. Since we're on an island, it will take a week to arrive. I wanted to ask, have you heard of deleting the AGS – Active Grille Shutter system?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Read through this post, it will explain how to remove them, but you have to leave the motor plugged in or you will get a check engine light.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I believe that i have read about Ram owners just leaving the top & bottom AGS slats in place & removing the rest.

Who ever worked on the radiator, could easily have dislodged a slat or two

There is a video, that explains how to possibly fix it

this one shows how to replace it if needed

OP
OP
R

rafaelw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Thank you so much. Silly question... will the radiator fan lifespan be affected if I run with the truck 20 km back and forth to work until the part to fix the AGS arrives?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you remove the damaged shutter, they pop out, and go to an auto parts store and have them clear the check engine code, it's not good for it to run continuous, if you're using your AC that runs the fan continuous, it is what it is.