Radiator Fan Wiring / Radiator Fan Relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Wow, very nice. What brand/model of single oil filter relocation is/was that? Another project to add to my list!! With the dual setup are the two filters in parallel or series? I'm not sure that I understand how the increase in PSI occurs. Do you have a theory and if yes, can you explain? Thanks VERY much.
John
They're in parallel,so basically you have twice the filter flow capacity as a single filter set-up,which = less filter restriction. I'm just running the cheap Transdapt set-up ,but i did give it a port job,by rounding off every sharp edge i could get a die grinder to.Sharp corners aren't good for flow or oil shear. I'm also running -10 (5/8") fittings and hoses.

OP
OP
J

John Schmidt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi w/FLOWMASTER 50 SERIES DELTA FLOW
Thanks again. I am interested in any best practices regarding installing an oil filter relocation kit. I have read some complaints from some users about leaks. I don’t know if there’s special types of hoses that are better than others or fittings that are better than others or clamps, but if you have any best practices to share, I’d really appreciate it.
John

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks again. I am interested in any best practices regarding installing an oil filter relocation kit. I have read some complaints from some users about leaks. I don’t know if there’s special types of hoses that are better than others or fittings that are better than others or clamps, but if you have any best practices to share, I’d really appreciate it.
John
The oiling system operates at pretty low pressure in regards to hyd systems,so any decent braided hose and fittings will work.If you decide to make your own braided hoses a set of A/N vice jaws make the job a bit nicer.I have a set of these,but there's a pile of vice jaws available on amazon that'll work.

If decide to try your hand at making hoses,one of the tricks i use to help keep the hoses from unraveling/fraying when you cut them,is to wrap with a couple tightly wound wraps of black electrical tape,then i use 2 small zipties,pulled as tight as possible,on either side of my cut.You want them spaced just far enough apart a thin zip /cut-off disc in a side grinder just barely fits between them.That way when you cut the hose,you won't have any fraying at your cut,then just carefully slide the zipties off ,and unwrap the black tape,and you should be able to slide your fitting onto the hose.A bit of WD40 helps with sliding the fittings onto the hose,and when assembling the outer fitting to the inner fitting.There's a pile of video's floating around that'll help you out,watch a couple,as everybody has a slightly differant techinque,and pick the tips you like.

If you're not comfortable with making hoses,hunt up your local farm implement dealer,they'll be able to make you up crimped hyd hoses,that'll be rated for 2,000+ psi,which is overkill on an oiling system,that might at the very most see 90 psi,but they'll out last your truck by a long shot,and should never leak.You will want to have figured out your hose lengths prior and what fittings you'll need crimped onto the hoses before taking your measurements to them.

Attachments

• IMG_4396 (2).JPG
    IMG_4396 (2).JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 3

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
John
Watch a few of these video's John.