Radio gets loud for 4 or 5 second then goes back to settings... EVERY 5 minutes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Disabling speed compensated volume eliminated the issue for me in the acc position, run, and with retained accessory power with the key out. Toggled back and forth a few times and the glitch was repeatable.

Unrelated, but I found a high pitched whine while under the truck with the key in the acc position.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Not sure why but no call or email today. I did respond to Cameron but when I called today by the time I got to a person she wanted my vin and I was no where near the truck. Maybe if the responded to email and started the process that way as I can't get past Cameron's email... but then again maybe I expect too much.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears

Alison
RamCares
Thanks Alison. So far not something that can't wait for the next oil change to mention to my dealer, but if that changes I'll reach out.

OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Had a good char with UConnect on this issue today. They are forecasting a 4th quarter software update for this radio issue so I just want to express my thanks for Allison and RamCares for opening a case for me on this issue.
I was told we will not have to go to a dealer for this software update as it will come over the air to out vehicles. One will just need to set a time that the vehicle will not be moving for the update to install.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Not sure why but no call or email today. I did respond to Cameron but when I called today by the time I got to a person she wanted my vin and I was no where near the truck. Maybe if the responded to email and started the process that way as I can't get past Cameron's email... but then again maybe I expect too much.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you been able to connect with Cameron?

Alison
RamCares

OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Yes, I called his number last week thurs or fri... I was able to confirm thru him my issue with the radio is a known issue. BUT HE ALSO SAID THE HOMELINK IS NOT CONNECT TO THE RADIO SOFTWARE, as I was told by my service advisor at the dealership.
When I went into the dealership I was told the 2 issues I spoke about we're connected the Uconnect software.. Cameron confirmed that they are not but I will wait as I was told by Cameron there is a software update plan for the fourth quarter of this year which will come over the airwaves I will not need to go to the dealership and if the issue with the Homelink continues after that update I will definitely touch base with the dealer but I will probably going in for service before that oil change coming up within the next week or two.