Radio model RAZ aux input info needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a question.

Looking to wire in the internal aux input. I need to find where the am-fm out audio is and the amp input location so I can install a 1/8 audio jack to interrupt
the radio to amp and add the ipod aux input having the switching on the 1/8 jack do the switching.

I know someone on ebay sells the radios modded but want to do my own just need the info.
Dont want to use a fm modulator or spend $100.00 for the 10 pin adapter made by TERK and Isimple modules.

Parts should be no more that $5 and some time, just need the info.

If I cant find I will have to bench power the radio, open the case and see if I can power up the radio and audio trace the area I think would be the am/fm out left and right before it hits the amp for the front and rear speakers.

I have the RAZ infinity sound system in a 2004 dodge quad ram slt.

Is there someone out there that might know how to trick the radio that there is a 10 cd changer connected to it? That is what the TERK and Isimple and others do.

Would anyone have the schematics for the RAZ radio, need the radio itself no harness wiring.
Also if anyone has any other schematics for 2002-2008 radios i would be interested.

Thanks

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have been looking around for the exact same information, and I have yet to find exactly what you and I are looking for.

However I have found some useful info you may find interesting.
The closest I have gotten to get this working is from this page :
Quick and Dirty Aux input Hack!
Biggest issue with this setup is it bypasses the hole sound system sending the output directly to the amplifier. As such the Head Unit becomes totally useless and radio controls are not usable to control even the volume.

Just as an information on the actual head unit, the following link provides for very good information :
RAZ Radio description and repair.

A youtube video suggests the CD Changer circuit can be used to bypass the CD Changer signal with a Switching 1/8" jack :
Adding an Aux input to Chrysler 300 radio
We don't have a CD changer option on our radio, however we do have auxiliary functions such as SIRIUS/XM Sat radio and internal CD Player.

This schematic available on the top of the radio may provide the key to just that:
DSCF3047b.jpg
Notice the small connector at the top of the image, I have yet to find out if this is an auxiliary input or some other output than the ones found at the bottom which are the ones feeding the amp.

Please let me know if you find out more on this or if anyone can chime in. The head unit is plenty for my needs, but would really like to be able to connect my phone to listen to music when travelling. Yes the CD can do that but a CD cannot hold my 40GB of music I browse through depending on my mood...

OP
OP
dss56

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The top connector is for the 6 cd changer option for most chrysler R?? radios. This is where you would add a TERK or iSimple module to trick the radio mode thinking its in the aux input for the cd changer.
I already have the diagram you posted thanks.

What I need is the RAZ and any other radio schematic so I would know where the am/fm audio out is and where it goes to the amp then split into 4 channels front and rear.

Then I can add the 1/8 stereo plug for $5 and have an Ipod input. Most of the radio has to come apart to do this no big deal.

Im still looking into this and will post back with any updates.

yes I know this has been passed around and somoneone on ebay is selling the radios already done.

chow

OP
OP
dss56

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forgot
This will work by playing radio and just plug in the ipod audio source radio will show the station but will be playing ipod audio. Remove plug and back to radio.

Would anyone know where one might get the 10 pin connector for the back of the radio. The end that would be on the cable from the 6 cd changer. Looked on ebay and price is way too much for a cable with connector. I was able to get the 22 pin one for 5 dollars but having a hard time getting the 10 pin one.

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
Have you guys have gotten anywhere with this? I'm in the same boat, love my head unit and sound system but it would be even better if I could access the music in my phone.

OP
OP
dss56

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ended up getting an adapter for the cd changer plug works great.
On my daughters jeep she has the 6 cd changer and the other day I added the 1/8 plug spliced into the 10 pin plug for the cd changer pins 1 and 6 are audio left and right in and pin 7 is ground. Just have to have a cd playing in the back changer. Plug in the ipod and it will play music on ipod, unplug and cd will play music.
I tried the FM transmitters and the fm modulator all worked but not clear as the above setup.

My dodge ram raz radio I installed the adapter that plugs into the 10 pin chassis socket.
I hit the mode button and it says Satellite in. I mounted the 1/8 plug in the dash and that works well also.

If I could get an internal schematics for the raz and other chrysler radios that have the mode button I would then know wher on the circuit board to add the 1/8 jack.

Any more info needed its all on the forums. Feel free to ask me any questions on what I have done.

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
Cool thanks. My head unit is the RAK, 6 CD changer with satellite radio. I found an adapter on eBay but also found a thread with directions on how to hack into the satellite radio wiring, I just wonder what the sound quality would be like if I did that.

OP
OP
dss56

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The audio quality is the best of all the other ways getting an Ipod hookup. Sounds great in my daughters Jeep, tried the fm modulator and fm transmitter and all had some static or the audio was not as loud as the radio/cd. Using the cd changer method is your best bet.

Good Luck