Radio presets keep resetting. WHY?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mario netto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I have set my radio station pre sets dozens of times and they keep resetting back to defaults along with my preferences and display settings. I just can't figure out why. I haven't disconnected the batteries ever. I have a 2018 2500 Laramie with only 11000 miles. Has anyone had a similar issue or am I doing something wrong?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sounds like your radio has a problem with the always hot supply to your radio. Maybe a broken wire on the harness. Not sure which one it is but first thing is to check harness with a volt meter to see if you have standby power. I think that supply comes off an accessory fuse, maybe check fuse and also if any accessories that should be on with key off are actually powered. There are some really smart electronics people on here, hopefully they will have an even better answer. Good luck.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That drove me crazy on my Ram at first too. Turns out that is all tied into the seat memory. It remembers your presets, what station you were listening to, mirror position and seat position. So what I've learned to do after making any changes to my presets is to set my seat memory again. Fortunately, it can be set while the truck is in motion.

Last edited:

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have set my radio station pre sets dozens of times and they keep resetting back to defaults along with my preferences and display settings. I just can't figure out why. I haven't disconnected the batteries ever. I have a 2018 2500 Laramie with only 11000 miles. Has anyone had a similar issue or am I doing something wrong?

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

OP
OP
mario netto

mario netto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Thanks for the advice guys. I will try what you both suggested

BK-65

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the same problem with my 2018 Laramie. Additionally, it drops the paired phones in the memory. I am on my THIRD radio from the dealer and it happened again after two days. I am going to wait until it drops the phones before I go back because it costs me a half a day each time they replace it.....as well as an hour pre-replacement visit to get the number off the radio that is in the truck. Wouldn't you think they would make a record of that number before they put it in??????