Radio Software Upgrade Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yogee2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Hello fellas just need a little help. I have a 2016 SLT 1500 it cam with an RA3 Radio and I was able to find an RA4 radio UConnect all is working well but I'm having the car out in space problem with the Navigation, I have been reading here and see a radio upgrade will fix the problem and the dash time sync. Here is my question do I use the 2016 truck upgrade or the 2015 radio upgrade file, also this is Canada mfg truck. I would like to have this done I would pay someone close in NJ to do it, Im not computer savvy and don't want to brick my radio any help would be greatly appreciated and all suggestions accepted thank in advance for any help!

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello fellas just need a little help. I have a 2016 SLT 1500 it cam with an RA3 Radio and I was able to find an RA4 radio UConnect all is working well but I'm having the car out in space problem with the Navigation, I have been reading here and see a radio upgrade will fix the problem and the dash time sync. Here is my question do I use the 2016 truck upgrade or the 2015 radio upgrade file, also this is Canada mfg truck. I would like to have this done I would pay someone close in NJ to do it, Im not computer savvy and don't want to brick my radio any help would be greatly appreciated and all suggestions accepted thank in advance for any help!
You will use firmware for the year of the radio (source vehicle) and country of the source vehicle as well. So if the radio came out of a 2015 Canadian truck you will need to find 2015 Canadian RA4 firmware. It may be in this thread to download somewhere. If the seller offers returns I would confirm with them that if flashing the firmware bricks it they will accept it back as unserviceable for a refund.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I installed a 2015 ra4 radio in my 13 a few years ago, downloaded the update for 2015 radio and updated it several times over the years. If you add things to truck like oem trailer brake etc, you need to put the latest update in USB and it will find new items you added. I put oem trailer brake controller and wasn't showing in my settings on the ra4, stuck update stick in one day and around minute later, a pop up came up on screen saying update completed. Looked and settings showed in radio for light brake etc settings. When dealer flashed the computer for trailer brake, they didn't update radio.