Radio stays on after opening doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I turn the key off the radio it keeps playing as it should. But, when I open the door it doesn’t shut off even after I lock it with the fob for several more minutes. When I walk away I have no idea when or if it will finally shut off. Any ideas why?

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
What year? I believe mine ('16) has a setting that sets a delay for radio off. Check that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If you are in the middle of a hands free call the radio will keep going even with the door open.

if that’s not the case, it could be an issue with the driver door ajar sensor,wiring,TIPM.

Do the dome lights come on when you open the door?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
When I turn the key off the radio it keeps playing as it should. But, when I open the door it doesn’t shut off even after I lock it with the fob for several more minutes. When I walk away I have no idea when or if it will finally shut off. Any ideas why?

Hello tdp1,
Have you considered addressing this concern with your local Ram dealer? If you decide to go this route and would like additional assistance please reach out to us privately.
Laura
RamCares

Truck4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm having issues with my wireless ign. module (thingie the key fob plugs into) sometimes I have to work the fob a bit to get it started, so I'm working on replacing it, anyway sense it started giving me issues I have also noted that sometimes the radio stays on for a bit after taking the key out and opening the door, but it does shut off

Fleulis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Mine did this also on my 2016 1500. I did a reset in the settings and it went away. Hope this helps anyone else that's having this problem.

bobeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 2017
Engine
Hemi 6.4, 5.7
My 17 is doing the same thing. I'm hoping there is a solution other than resetting everything. I've not been able to find a radio delay setting.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
My 17 is doing the same thing. I'm hoping there is a solution other than resetting everything. I've not been able to find a radio delay setting.

Hi bobeast,

Sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this concern. We kindly recommend addressing this with your dealer if you have not done so already, as they are in the best position to provide assistance. We are just a PM away if you are in need of any extra support while working with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

bobeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 2017
Engine
Hemi 6.4, 5.7
Hi bobeast,

Sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this concern. We kindly recommend addressing this with your dealer if you have not done so already, as they are in the best position to provide assistance. We are just a PM away if you are in need of any extra support while working with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

Thanks Mark. I updated the radio to 18.45.1 last night and it seems to have resolved the issue.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thanks Mark. I updated the radio to 18.45.1 last night and it seems to have resolved the issue.

Hi bobeast,

Thank you for following up, very glad to hear you were able to resolve this! Should you experience any trouble down the road, please do not hesitate to reach out via PM. We are always happy to help.

Mark
RamCares

Truck4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry for the delay, got real busy at work and haven't had time to mess with it, I found the radio delay settings, changed it but still no go.....

bobeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 2017
Engine
Hemi 6.4, 5.7
Sorry for the delay, got real busy at work and haven't had time to mess with it, I found the radio delay settings, changed it but still no go.....

Update the firmware to 18.45.1. That fixed it for me.

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Update the firmware to 18.45.1. That fixed it for me.
What link did you go to to download the update? I believe I have 18.41.01

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963