Radio Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5500ramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hey guys I’ve searched feverishly online for an answer but I haven’t found one yet,

I have a 2011 Ram 5500 Cab and chassis with a 6.7 ( single cab) I haven’t driven my truck in a while and the Factory radio stopped working, no noise, no power no functionality what so ever, I bought a new Double din radio thinking that was the issue.

I have no power what so ever to the radio harness in the vehicle.

I checked it with a test light and there is no power to any of the wires in that section of harness. the main power wire appears to be yellow/red stripe

All the fuses work properly in the fuse box. I’m freaking lost.

If anyone has any information to help me diagnose this issue I’d greatly appreciate it.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey guys I’ve searched feverishly online for an answer but I haven’t found one yet,

I have a 2011 Ram 5500 Cab and chassis with a 6.7 ( single cab) I haven’t driven my truck in a while and the Factory radio stopped working, no noise, no power no functionality what so ever, I bought a new Double din radio thinking that was the issue.

I have no power what so ever to the radio harness in the vehicle.

I checked it with a test light and there is no power to any of the wires in that section of harness. the main power wire appears to be yellow/red stripe

All the fuses work properly in the fuse box. I’m freaking lost.

If anyone has any information to help me diagnose this issue I’d greatly appreciate it.
On the 1500s, the radios have a separate, inline fuse holder near the brake booster and battery on the driver's side. If those parts are moved around in a 5500 a good idea of the location is drivers side within a foot or two of the firewall.

OP
OP
5500ramguy

5500ramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Was able to trace the Problem to the TIPM. Power wire for the radio at the TIPM was broken off, was able to repair it for now until I can re-pin that part of the harness.

Thanks for everyone’s input!

Attachments

• A33D7383-445C-4530-A366-67AA5CB5D1DA.jpeg
    A33D7383-445C-4530-A366-67AA5CB5D1DA.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 10