RAM 1500 4th Gen Strut/Shocks Specs DB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't upload my excel spreadsheet, and i can't create a table to list all the options, I'd leave this print screens for others to see, and i'll try to update this DB list as i get more info/details with other options.

Coil Springs
RAM1500_Springs.PNG

Front Struts/Coilovers
RAM1500_Front_shocks.PNG

Rear Shocks
RAM1500_Rear_Shocks.PNG

UCA's
RAM_1500_UCAs.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, awesome DB to keep track. Thank you. Can you add Falcon on there please?
I would have added them, but Falcon sell those as a package only, so you can't buy front/rear separately.

They have:
Sport leveling package, 06-04-21-400-002
Sport Tow/Haul package, 06-04-32-400-002

They don't list any specs at all when it comes to extended/compressed lenght.

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I would have added them, but Falcon sell those as a package only, so you can't buy front/rear separately.

They have:
Sport leveling package, 06-04-21-400-002
Sport Tow/Haul package, 06-04-32-400-002

They don't list any specs at all when it comes to extended/compressed lenght.

I knew that you're aware of Falcon from other threads, so I thought you might've had a reason for leaving them off. Maybe I can get you to add these ones: Carli rear spring? Eibach rear spring? Haha, I'm not trying to harass you - I think you putting this together is great and can be a 1 stop reference point.

I had never heard of the Bilstein 36-286539 spring until you posted it above. I see it's listed in their online catalog as a 'B12 special kit' - any idea what that means? A couple vendors have it on their websites, but no description/photo. A full Bilstein 6112/5160/36-286539 package would be pretty sweet.

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Updated the OP with more items 12/16/2018.

I saw those new Bisltein rear springs, but i don't know if they're available yet, i did include them to encourage people to check them out, they say 1" lift in the bisltein catalog, and i'd think they're adding that because the Bisltein offering they have is a little too long for the stock rear springs, if you look at the list, the stockers at 25.5" extended, while the Bisteins are 26.73" extended, i've seeing posts from people saying the factory springs or the TTC1223V can move around/unseat with the avaiable 5100's, you see the ones where extended doesn't exceed 26.6 are more in line with the stock springs.

Which brinngs me to the reason i wanted to have a list like this, from all the options i looked when i was looking to get longer coil springs for the back, nothing else besides the Icons 1.5" were longer than factory, all the other options out there in the 2" range are shorter, but have thicker coils, so they're basically lifting your truck in the back because those fackers won't sag much under the truck unloaded weight, but longer shocks are not possible with those springs, i'm basically listing those in the list as "shorter than stock"

If people can start posting their rear long springs part#'s and free lenght for their 3"-4" or longer rear coil springs, i can add them to the list. i don't know crap about them because they're all part of a package, but i'm sure you can get those separated, then you can start mixing shock lenght with coil springs and have fun with any specific combo.

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
An oh yeah i'm aware of the Falcons, They were a success when Teraflex lunched the line for the Jeeps, i considered running those at 0" with the Eibach 2.75" springs last month when i was looking for my suspension upgrade, but decided to go full out performance with Kings 2.5

They're pretty much at the same price/performance level with the Fox 2.0 full on kit (Front CO's + rear shocks), not fully adjustable like a coilover, but the Fox 2.0s are not exactly adjustable like a normal coilover, though they can be turn up/down, the Falcon rear 2.25 shocks are in theory better performer than Fox 2.0 emulsion shocks. The struts have clips like 5100's so people can try to go 3.5" with those, lol, sure more money than Eibach struts, but they're built better than conventional street struts and they're valved as such.
They also make a 4-6" Falcon strut/shock kit for the F150 asides from the leveling kit they offer, I think they started this offering couple of months ago, so who knows if they have plans to do the same with the other Truck options.

PerfectCreature

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fox Tech advised that the rear 2.0s will accommodate a 1.5" lift, though the box does state 1".

Was interesting to see the stock vs icon free length as only 1.25". Make more sense why people see them settle to about 1".

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together for us!!! I am about to have a 6” Pro Comp lift put on my truck using the Bilstein 5100’s I have set at zero lift. I’ve been running them in the 2.8” lift setting and using a 1” spacer in back. What, if any changes to my front suspension travel/ride quality can I expect once I switch to the Pro Comp 6” lift and zero spring preload?

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together for us!!! I am about to have a 6” Pro Comp lift put on my truck using the Bilstein 5100’s I have set at zero lift. I’ve been running them in the 2.8” lift setting and using a 1” spacer in back. What, if any changes to my front suspension travel/ride quality can I expect once I switch to the Pro Comp 6” lift and zero spring preload?
Ride should be a lot more complaint as you'll be taking all that spring preload down to pretty much stock, all springs can be preloaded to a point that won't affect the ride, but too much preload will make the ride harsh and eat to much of your of your shock extension. Easy way to tell is measuring for instance center of the wheel to fender edge, or even tire edge tire shoulder to fender edge, with the truck on flat level, then lift the front all the way and let the tires droop in the air, now measure the distance again, the delta should how much you're struts are able to extend, you want at least 2-3" droop. i have almost 4" of droop with my Rancho struts so there is ample room for the strut to operate as they should down the road.

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Ride should be a lot more complaint as you'll be taking all that spring preload down to pretty much stock, all springs can be preloaded to a point that won't affect the ride, but too much preload will make the ride harsh and eat to much of your of your shock extension. Easy way to tell is measuring for instance center of the wheel to fender edge, or even tire edge tire shoulder to fender edge, with the truck on flat level, then lift the front all the way and let the tires droop in the air, now measure the distance again, the delta should how much you're struts are able to extend, you want at least 2-3" droop. i have almost 4" of droop with my Rancho struts so there is ample room for the strut to operate as they should down the road.
Thanks again! You are seriously the BEST my man! Always helpful responses and accurate information! Can’t thank you enough! One thing I’m looking into and considering are either having hydraulic bumpstops installed or maybe some of those Sumo Springs to hopefully give my suspension a more progressive feel. Still supple on the small stuff but with the ability to soak up bigger hits. That’s the end goal I want for my trucks suspension. Or do you suggest getting two stage springs or any other option I haven’t mentioned? I realize that the BEST way to achieve what I’m after would be having internal bypass shocks but I’m trying to get as close to that without dropping the big bucks! ;)

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can give 2.0 or better 2.5 air cans a try, but you'll need to weld some mounting brackets as i don't think i've seen bolt-ons solutions for our trucks, i've been looking out as well for 2.5 air cans as a way to supplement the kings later on, i don't see a spot in the front to mount an air can or even a foam type bumpstop in stock trim, so i guess welding is the only way to make that happen. Same with the rear, though there should be enough room in the back where the factory bumpstop is located to weld or bolt something like this:

https://wheelersoffroad.com/i-30634...m-2007-tundra-56108.html?ref=category:1346118

For the front, look at what this dude have installed, i wish i knew who makes that setup, or maybe it could be something custom, but it's exactly what id like to have, roll forward to min 8:16

Last edited:

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
You can give 2.0 or better 2.5 air cans a try, but you'll need to weld some mounting brackets as i don't think i've seen bolt-ons solutions for our trucks, i've been looking out as well for 2.5 air cans as a way to supplement the kings later on, i don't see a spot in the front to mount an air can or even a foam type bumpstop in stock trim, so i guess welding is the only way to make that happen. Same with the rear, though there should be enough room in the back where the factory bumpstop is located to weld or bolt something like this:

https://wheelersoffroad.com/i-30634...m-2007-tundra-56108.html?ref=category:1346118

For the front, look at what this dude have installed, i wish i knew who makes that setup, or maybe it could be something custom, but it's exactly what id like to have, roll forward to min 8:16
Thanks again! I’ve seen his videos before and subscribed immediately! His Ram is an off road BEAST now!

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Jasons truck is wicked. You can message him on instagram and he answers questions right away.

That truck was the 2009 SEMA Ram build "project black sheep" i think they called it. The front bumper is a beauty, and custom built one-off.

It has a jeep transfer case chopped into it i think, watching him shift into 4x4 is kinda funny.

Stuffed 37s on a level . Fenders beat to **** from those.

He doesnt know everything about the truck as hes the 3rd or 4th (and probably last) owner of that truck, but hes just a generally very knowledgeable fella.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2ACDD807-8C94-4893-82F2-1917FC7B2FF5.png Sent icon an email for length on shocks. This is their reply