ram 1500 6 cy vs ecodiesel 6?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ill bring up what nobody is bringing up or considering. I work for Ram. even though the diesel is 4498.00 more on the sticker. the eco diesel has always and will almost always have bigger rebates. especially in the bighorn category. and that applies to 2019 as well. plus because dealerships often get incentives for pushing the ecodiesels, your bargaining power is greater. at most you will pay 2k out the door more

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
ill bring up what nobody is bringing up or considering. I work for Ram. even though the diesel is 4498.00 more on the sticker. the eco diesel has always and will almost always have bigger rebates. especially in the bighorn category. and that applies to 2019 as well. plus because dealerships often get incentives for pushing the ecodiesels, your bargaining power is greater. at most you will pay 2k out the door more

Never considered that angle. Is there any particular reason why?

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

This is true, but that's been a pretty common scenario when you're talking the highest end, fully optioned models. The price gap between gas and diesel powered will narrow for top end models. You're still spending $45K all in.

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never considered that angle. Is there any particular reason why?
manufacturers often charge more for a line of trucks or vehicles they want to sell because it justifies the cost of the "upgrades" they make. However they want that truck to sell because its a truck they want on the road for marketing reasons so they incentivise it. The ecodiesel bring mpg numbers to a company in a positive light. We can now say over the board we have the best overall average gas mileage of any truck manufacturer and that gives FCA tax breaks and good publicity. the more ecodiesels they sell the better. like the bighorn. notice how it always has the biggest rebates of any truck? because its the cheapest of the trucks trims to build yet they can ask more on the sticker for it. because ram always sells more bighorns, companies making and selling the bighorn parts give a bigger discount. as a result the bighorn is the cheapest truck to build. plus its by far the best bang for your buck trim of any manufacturer around. hands down. in short, the ecodiesel makes ram look good so they want to sell it therefor they discount it the most. haha

Random_Walk

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Oh... I was thinking it was more along the lines of making up for that period awhile back (2017?) when EcoDiesel production was suspended, possibly leaving a lot of excess engines laying around in warehouses.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You got *** on the brain then.
No, it's just that I don't think it implies power. When you hear Hemi, you think hp & torque.
Ford has the Powerstroke which implies power or maybe just ************.......

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
No, it's just that I don't think it implies power. When you hear Hemi, you think hp & torque.
Ford has the Powerstroke which implies power or maybe just ************.......

and if there is more than one powerstroke we call that a circle jerk

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
hehehe

Cummins ppl say:

I rather be ******* then stroking

Powerstroke ppl say:

You gotta stroke it before it ****

Both are VERY true! :)

also I dont think anybody has paid the 4k+ premium on the ecod motors since 1st year.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
hehehe

Cummins ppl say:

I rather be ******* then stroking

Powerstroke ppl say:

You gotta stroke it before it ****

Both are VERY true! :)

also I dont think anybody has paid the 4k+ premium on the ecod motors since 1st year.

you forgot where the chevy guys say "to stroke it, it has to be like a rock"

Random_Walk

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Reminds me of a bumper sticker my wife would never let me put on the truck:

"Dodge the father and Ram the daughter"

Marine Les

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2018
Engine
5.9 cummins/3.6 Pentastar
I read a report last week about a maritime law going into effect Jan, 1st, 2019 that will outlaw the junk oil a lot of large tankers and container ships are currently using. The only fuel available to replace it is diesel and estimates are at least $1 a gallon increase in diesel for the US market. I just got a smoking deal on a 2018 Bighorn Pentastar quad cab 2wd for $27400 plus tax/license and the Eco would have cost me at least $3000 more and that cost as well higher maintenance and fuel prices made the gasser a no brainer. I got the 3:55 gears and the tow capacity is 7600 about the same as the Eco. The power is amazing and I towed a 2500# trailer with ease and mpg readout for the 54 mile tow was 19.2 and with 220 miles total on the 2nd trip meter it reads 24.8 average 90% highway. I think if you put 30k or more on a year on it might make sense to get the Eco but for me it would not pay.