Ram 1500 Projector LED Strip Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yogee2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Just need some help I added some project lights to my Ram 1500 SLT from a Sport 2 years ago last night I noticed the amber LED strip will not light up when the lights are on, if I click my alarm they light up or on the turn signal they light up and blink but when I turn on the lights they don't turn on. The rest of the light runs fine in all modes, any one have something similar happen or have a clue on where to to start to try to get it back working again, or do I need a new headlight any help would be appreciated! At a lost right now don't want to go back to my stock quads, I still have original bulbs no LED bulbs up graded

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Are you talking about the stock sport projector lights and the amber running/turn signal LED bar?

If it’s not working with the lights on that would be the dim side so whatever cuts voltage for 50% and supply’s the dim running mode has likely gone bad.

OP
OP
Yogee2020

Yogee2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Yeah one side works the driver side but the passenger side does not turn on Im bummed I don't have the skill or time to open it all up and replace so I will look for a replacement damn

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Yea that’s the problem with integrated Led components. Where these OEM factory ram headlights or aftermarket like TYC, or other off brands?

Opening the headlights is an option and then you can swap in switchbacks or RGB etc.

Since your truck didn’t have sports stock you should also verify that the harness adapter didn’t go bad in some weird way. Not sure if you can test that somehow or get a replacement to test it out? I would be checking the stock and adapter harness wiring to make sure the wires are getting the power needed for the running mode. It honestly could be adapter harness. I would bench test the headlight if you have a few alligator clamps and a battery, look up a diagram and see if the headlight itself works. Normally the chips individually burn out before the whole strip drops dead.

OP
OP
Yogee2020

Yogee2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
they r OEM I'm going to take it out and test it and the retro harness and check all connections

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would check your connections for corrosion first, especially if you're in the salt belt. My factory connections corroded badly, along with the connector on the headlights (the harness wasn't seating properly). Try swapping your adapters and/or headlights to the opposite side to start ruling stuff out

OP
OP
Yogee2020

Yogee2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Ok this is wat I did took them out and like the responder said swapped from one side to the other any everything worked fine then o put them back on the correct way everything lit up fine lights worked fine waited for night to fall was driving truck and light were working had light switch set to auto lights turned on then got parking light message bottom part went out again I'm thinking switch or light plugs should I replace plug or look for a new harness any suggestions