Ram 2012 door lock issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cigarman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am starting to believe my 2012 Ram is haunted. I can lock and unlock with the FOB , no problem. Then anywhere from 5 min to 45 min all the doors will unlock and the lights will flash. This is while the FOB is lying on the counter. It does at all times of the day or night. Once I insert the FOB and start the engine everything returns to normal. I use my truck for work so I removed the fuse to the doors and have to manually lock and unlock the truck. Hopefully someone will lead me in the right direction as to whether the problem is the door lock actuator or the door module.

Mohamed Albana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had to replace my TIPM before I didn’t have electric problems it was a no fuel issue but look into it

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remove the batteries from the fobs and see if it still happens.... the fobs can be damaged internally.

Southbay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My 2013 sometimes just locks on it's own. I'll unlock to grab something out of it, close the door and all 4 doors and the tailgate lock....no idea why. Sometimes it's right when you close the door, sometimes it's a few minutes later. Used to leave the key in the ignition if I was just running into the house for a bit or down at my boat or something...now I can't trust that it won't lock the key in on it's own.