Ram 2014 Parking Light Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Schaudt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been working to upgrade my truck's lighting and internal electronics. I have the ever plaguing "Parking Light Out", but only once when I start the truck every time. The truck is a 2014 Ram 1500 Express Cab. All lights in the rear end have been changed to LED. I've used AlphaOBD to set the rear turn signals, parking lights, license plate lights, rear brake lights, and high mount center stop all to LED. Because of this, I do not use any resistors. I did have more problems in the beginning but found that indeed both of my rear turn sockets were faulty and replaced them myself for $16 apiece. I also upgraded the EVIC from 3.5 to 7. Everything works great with the exception of every time I start the truck, it briefly flashes that there is a "Parking Light Out". It's not necessarily bothersome, just trying to see if I can get it to stop. When I use AlphaOBD to read the error codes, it indicates both rear parking lights are out. When I clear those codes, they do come back the next time I start the truck.

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
I've done the same mod and received the same errors...I had to place resistors on the front parking lights to get the error to go away...(I moved the resistors from rear to front parking lights.)...I used switchback leds in the front parking lights...

OP
OP
J

John Schaudt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have also put switchbacks in the front, but I use resistors on those. Like I said, the error messages indicate it is both rear parking lights. In addition, I put incandescents back in the rear end and still had the same problem.

Last edited:

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have also put switchbacks in the front, but I use resistors on those. Like I said, the error messages indicate it is both rear parking lights. In addition, I put incandescents back in the rear end and still had the same problem.
Which error codes are you getting specifically? Did you use oem sockets or aftermarket?

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also, I was able to run switchbacks in the front without resistors by making sure the drl was enabled, then setting drl to the front turn signals. Once I did this, no parking light out errors in the front, no resistors.