Ram 2021 Big Horn Night Edition - Back Up Camera Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HockeyDad1974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi etorque
Anyone experience an issue with there backup camera where you see color "static waves" on the screen. This just happened to me today. I have 4,800 miles in this truck.

Sig Schecter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Anyone experience an issue with there backup camera where you see color "static waves" on the screen. This just happened to me today. I have 4,800 miles in this truck.

Ive had it once on my 21 BH as well as my 2014 BH multiple times. As far as I can tell its just been random glitches. I fixed them by either shifting out of reverse, allowing the screen to reset or shutting off the engine (powering off the electronics not just engine). Very random occurrences but otherwise no other issues.

wutech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have it happen from time to time on my 16 BH. When I park I go open my tailgate and slam it shut, usually works just fine the next time.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have it happen from time to time on my 16 BH. When I park I go open my tailgate and slam it shut, usually works just fine the next time.

Same on my former 17 longhorn. Screen would have issues, I would get out and slam the tailgate and then the image would be perfect again. Seemed to only happen in hotter weather, never seemed to have any issues with it during winters.

OP
OP
H

HockeyDad1974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi etorque
Appreciate the feedback. My truck is in the shop as of this morning because on Monday the Service Electronic Throttle, Rear ParkSense Temp Unavailable warnings came on and my backup carmera went dark all at once???

Hopfully I'll hear from the service center this afternoon on whats going on

Ken W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had similar intermittent issues on my 2014 Denali - would be fine after next start stop. Must be inherent to all of the cameras/software.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hello! Sorry to hear about your vehicle concerns @HockeyDad1974. We would like to step in and provide additional assistance if desired. Feel free to shoot us a private message with your vehicle make, model year, and mileage to get started.

Hannah
Ram Cares

OP
OP
H

HockeyDad1974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi etorque
Just and update. They had to replace the PCM module which apparently died which caused all my issues. New one was installed and everything is working.

OP
OP
H

HockeyDad1974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi etorque
Just another update! Having the same exact issues as last month.
My trucks Service Electronic Throttle, Rear ParkSense Temp Unavailable warnings came on and my backup carmera went dark all at once???

Truck is scheduled to go back into the shop Aug 2nd. I'm beyond annoyed!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YUP, convinces me to stay with my lightly optioned 19 Bighorn straight jane 5.7L. Runs great, guess time to get Max Care Warranty, LOL.