Ram 3500 parking brake cable pulls loose at splice connection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HenryMorgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L (359) HO I6 CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL
My parking brake cables break loose at the splice connection under the truck when I apply the parking brake. As soon as I tighten the cables enough to for the E-brake to work and stop the truck, the cable usually pops out of the splice connection. I have squeezed the splices with vice grips to engage them better, but they still break loose when I press on the E-Brake. The cable ends have gotten damaged as well!

90% of the hardware is new. New brake shoes and brake hardware in the wheels. 3 of the 4 cables have just been replaced as well. (the 4th new cable cable, for the left rear wheel, was not the correct part and did not fit)

New parts: Parking brake shoes, parking brake hardware, front cable, intermediary cable, right rear cable. <left rear cable not installed>

I have been working this problem for a whole month now, I'm at my wit's end. Can someone help me?

20180813_083444.jpg