ram active air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leather kneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2022 3500 dual rear wheel. Question for you guys. I am a hotshot, so I regularly pull a 40' gooseneck. I have 5th wheel set up not traditional ball setup but am going back to it. My issue is that I feel that the stock air suspension is taking too much of the weight and causing a lot of bouncing. I have tried moving the weight/load forward and backward but still get too much bounce my understanding with air suspension is that the bags and the springs and shocks should work together. I should mention that my trailer does not sit exactly level I have 3" of pitch from the front to the back thinking this could be my problem. Yes, I put the fifth wheel at its lowest setting.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I have a 2022 3500 dual rear wheel. Question for you guys. I am a hotshot, so I regularly pull a 40' gooseneck. I have 5th wheel set up not traditional ball setup but am going back to it. My issue is that I feel that the stock air suspension is taking too much of the weight and causing a lot of bouncing. I have tried moving the weight/load forward and backward but still get too much bounce my understanding with air suspension is that the bags and the springs and shocks should work together. I should mention that my trailer does not sit exactly level I have 3" of pitch from the front to the back thinking this could be my problem. Yes, I put the fifth wheel at its lowest setting.
Ive got a 50' luxe that weighs 27k and our 2020 ram 3500 with auto leveling rides fricken awesome. I'm sue it's a big help that our coach is also equipped with the gen y cushioning hitch and the mor-ryde i .s.. I've got our 30k mopar/ curt fifth wheel hitch adjusted all the way down to the floor and it rides pretty perfectly level.

DA67Goatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like you need better shocks, factory are lowest bid so they leave much to be desired.

OP
OP
L

leather kneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I recently purchased spartan gen-y hitch ball 25k. Still get the bounce not as frequent but still happens. Trailer sits perfectly level now. For those that have switched out the stock shocks what did you go with?

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Bilsteins make the 4600 series shocks for all four corners, and the 5100's for the rears only. Fox shocks has em for all four corners.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Bilsteins make the 4600 series shocks for all four corners, and the 5100's for the rears only. Fox shocks has em for all four corners.
Why 5100's for rear only? I put the Bilstein 5100 in the front end of my 06 CTD and they sure as heck were a lot better then the factory shocks...

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Why 5100's for rear only? I put the Bilstein 5100 in the front end of my 06 CTD and they sure as heck were a lot better then the factory shocks...
I looked up 5100's for my 3500 and they didn't show a part number for the fronts....asked Bilstein via email and they said they were not available. Unless you have a part number that they've made them now...??? They show them available for a leveled/lifted 3500 but not factory height.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I looked up 5100's for my 3500 and they didn't show a part number for the fronts....asked Bilstein via email and they said they were not available. Unless you have a part number that they've made them now...??? They show them available for a leveled/lifted 3500 but not factory height.
I had 2500 so that may be why, the 5100 used on my 06 fit stock up to 2 inch lift, the reason I know this is the shop asked if I had a lift above 2 inch when I came in to have them installed, if I had they would have had to get a different set...

Pops4163

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's all about the trailer. The trailer is connected to the frame of the truck through the hitch, whatever hitch you have. How your trailer suspension handles the rough road is what your going to feel in the truck. The setup Billet Bee has, has gotten his trailer riding smoother with the mor-ryde system and the gen y cushioning hitch is helping.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
It's all about the trailer. The trailer is connected to the frame of the truck through the hitch, whatever hitch you have. How your trailer suspension handles the rough road is what your going to feel in the truck. The setup Billet Bee has, has gotten his trailer riding smoother with the mor-ryde system and the gen y cushioning hitch is helping
All that coupled with the rams auto leveling is a game changer, best riding truck and fifth wheel set up weve ever had