Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ram Boxes - Would you choose them in my situation?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Husker4theSpurs, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Tom McClellan

Tom McClellan Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Love my boxes. Pretty sure you can get a Classic with the 6'4'' bed and Ramboxes. I can fit my ATV in mine so it still holds plenty.

HitchHiker likes this.
  2. Jim M

Jim M Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7 e-torque
    :angry94: Caution: the bed divider doesn't come with all Rambox options. I was shocked when I finally realized that it wasn't there. The dealer pointed out that it wasn't on my build order but I could buy it for some astronomical price ($1500 I think). :favorites68:

3. Brian Sullivan

Brian Sullivan Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I use my rambox storage for everything. Won't own a truck without it

Richard Besselman and HitchHiker like this.
  4. HitchHiker

HitchHiker Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    That’s another benefit I’ve used as well on several occasions - the bed extender. Great feature!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Brent L

Brent L Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    It is locked if the tailgate is locked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HitchHiker likes this.
  6. Beltsand

Beltsand Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi eTorque
    Mine didn’t come with the pegs either. I bought the 4th gen pegs and put them in myself. There is another thread with all the details.

https://www.ramforum.com/posts/2100536/

jasonw likes this.
  7. mikeru

mikeru Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2020 Laramie
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    This is true. You have to also get the bed utility group to get the bed divider. But at that time I bought my truck there was a glitch in the truck build software. So if you selected the BUG option before selecting the rambox option, you still didn't get the divider. Selecting the rambox option, then selecting the BUG option gave you the divider. It wasn't until after my truck arrived that this was discovered. The divider cost from my dealership was just over $1000. At least I was able to get them to split the cost with me, but I still think I shouldn't have had to pay any extra for it.

HitchHiker and Jim M like this.
  8. illinix3

illinix3 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    N/A
    Engine:
    N/A
    Looking to purchase my first Ram and having a tough time deciding between the Ram boxes or multi-function tailgate. I do not plan to do both.

I will be using this as mostly a suburban crawler with 3 young kids in the back when needed (other vehicle is a minivan which is the main family hauler). Otherwise, the bed is essentially a trunk or for small weekend warrior yard work projects. Plan to get into the travel trailer game as well. I originally thought the boxes with locking storage would be an nice and we do make 1 or 2 tailgating trips a year so a fun feature for beer/drinks. However, the more I think about it the more I lean towards the multi function tailgate to get closer to the cargo and keep the full bed width.

Thoughts/recommendations?

9. mikeru

mikeru Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2020 Laramie
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    Why are you against getting both? In my opinion the MFT and rambox bed divider compliment each other perfectly. We have both on our Limited, and it's the perfect grocery getter. We set the bed divider about two feet from the tailgate, and it's like opening up a cupboard with the MFT. And the bedside boxes do make great coolers for tailgating.

habu987 likes this.
  10. Kukailimoku

Kukailimoku Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    I have the RamBox.
    (2020 Laramie crew 4*4)

Big fan. Huge.

The amount that I like/use the RamBox far far far outweighs the one or two times I missed that stupid empty space in the bed.
    Think about it, most times we humans stack things we do it on squares, cubes, and right angles, even if the object itself has curves.
    That space fore/aft/above the rear wheel hump is stupid with two Os. How many time iny old truck did I use it all hodge-podge after first loading the rest of the bed, then stuck little odd things on that space. Sure, it was nice to have, when moving house or camping.

But it is even NICER to have structured, lockable, lighted, drainable, handy storage ALL the time, even when NOT moving house or camping.

Aggie86 likes this.