RAM CARES and DRAG LINK RECALL !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The "FIX" is full replacement if their is something to fix, like when the nut has become loose and worn the threads.
The weld is a preventative measure. If it wasn't loose or show signs of wear, it isn't broke so there's nothing to fix.
The supply chain is broken. That problem is everywhere and affects everything.

This is completely false. I have already spoken with ramcares. Mine is completely fine , yet the recall remains and is being shipped to my dealer.

Supply chain is broken for things made in foreign countries. It is not affecting everything. My local cabinet maker is pumping out more cabinets than ever.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Last time I went to the dealer to have an alignment and front end checked a few months ago. They ground off the spot welds but could not get the adjuster to move. Said it was $7xx for a new drag link since the recall only pertained to the nuts not the adjuster. Even though it would have only been $200 for me for my deductible. So for $100 more then the deductible I ordered the synergy drag link.
They're shining you on. The recall is for the drag link to be replaced. They can weld it once, but once that weld is removed (for alignment, etc), it cannot be welded again, per Mopar. The drag link must be replaced in that case.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They're shining you on. The recall is for the drag link to be replaced. They can weld it once, but once that weld is removed (for alignment, etc), it cannot be welded again, per Mopar. The drag link must be replaced in that case.
I've heard that but apparently isn't true at least not at the 2 dealerships by me. I tried getting both of them to replace the welded drag link. It had been rewelded at least 3 times. Neither of them seemed to want to work on a heavy duty truck. Either way I'm perfectly fine paying out of pocket for the synergy and not having to deal with that stupid poor excuse of a "fix"

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I've heard that but apparently isn't true at least not at the 2 dealerships by me. I tried getting both of them to replace the welded drag link. It had been rewelded at least 3 times. Neither of them seemed to want to work on a heavy duty truck. Either way I'm perfectly fine paying out of pocket for the synergy and not having to deal with that stupid poor excuse of a "fix"
Why are you having so many alignments? Could you have another front end issue?

I have a 2016 like you with 70K miles and I haven't had an alignment yet.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why are you having so many alignments? Could you have another front end issue?

I have a 2016 like you with 70K miles and I haven't had an alignment yet.
Bought the truck used. Dealer put on new tires when I bought it. After 5k miles the outside tires were wearing more then the insides. Had it aligned.

Truck had 2.5" spacers front and rear with no adjustable track bar. Added an adjustable track bar which through the steering wheel off recentering the axle. Had it aligned again to get the wheel straight.

6 months later the upper ball joints were bad and the outside of the tires were still wearing a lot and starting to cup. Had the shop do another alignment after they replaced the ball joints. Then I found out about thurens alignment specs and realized why the outside of the tires were wearing like they are.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
FYI, there is language in the recall that says Mopar may reimburse you for costs if you have the fix done yourself.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FYI, there is language in the recall that says Mopar may reimburse you for costs if you have the fix done yourself.
I tried on their website but since it says the recall was completed it wouldn't let me.

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man.. my dealership sucks. Ram west hills in bremerton is awful. half day to full day to do this plus an alignment. That is crazy. Dealer ships are a complete scam.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I tried on their website but since it says the recall was completed it wouldn't let me.
Try contacing RamCares here. When the welds were removed, the original recall was voided, so to speak.

In my case, the recall was done when I bought my truck used. It was 1.5 years in service, 14K miles and a certified pre-owned when I bought it. I ran through a set of new (but cheap) tires the dealer had put on in 7K miles, so got an alignment from an independent shop when I put good tires on it. They had to grind the weld off and would not weld it back on upon completion. Loctited and torqued.

I did more research on this and contacted RamCares about it. They told me it could only be welded once. So even though my truck had the official weld recall, they authorized the replacement. Took quite a bit of time and I had to keep on it, but they did replace and do another alignment.

So it might take some commitment on your part to chase it down, I believe it is doable.

Last edited:

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try contacing RamCares here. When the welds were removed, the original recall was voided, so to speak.

In my case, the recall was done when I bought my truck used. It was 1.5 years in service, 14K miles and a certified pre-owned when I bought it. I ran through a set of new (but cheap) tires the dealer had put on in 7K miles, so got an alignment from an independent shop when I put good tires on it. They had to grind the weld off and would not weld it back on upon completion. Loctited and torqued.

I did more research on this and contacted RamCares about it. They told me it could only be welded once. So even though my truck had the official weld recall, they authorized the replacement. Took quite a bit of time and I had to keep on it, but they did replace and do another alignment.

So it might take some commitment on your part to chase it down, I believe it is doable.
I contacted ramcares and had a case opened. They were supposed to call me and I guess did but it would show up as a spam call so I never answered and they never left a message. I would have thought they would have at least left a message. Oh well. No big deal. The synergy was only a little over $300 and I don't have time to be playing phone tag between ram cares and the dealership. Water under the bridge now. I'm glad ramcares took care of you and got yours replaced.

krakaman24

2018 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
I paid for the Synergy out of pocket and put it on while upgrading the rest of my front end. Never looked back and never dealt with the headache of trying to get Ram to pay for it.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the principal of the issue and also think it is BS. However, spending the $300 or so bucks to have the problem fixed with no headaches on my end was my choice.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I paid for the Synergy out of pocket and put it on while upgrading the rest of my front end. Never looked back and never dealt with the headache of trying to get Ram to pay for it.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the principal of the issue and also think it is BS. However, spending the $300 or so bucks to have the problem fixed with no headaches on my end was my choice.
Completely understand. It's just a sad statement when it's so much hassle to get Ram to do what they are suppose to do that it's worth going hundreds of dollars out of pocket to fix it yourself.

Tom6363

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4x4
Engine
6.4/3.73
For those who've tried getting re-imbursed, show of hands who are original owners and those who are buyers of a used truck and not the original purchaser.

RamShark1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm in that post recall spot welds broken for steering alignment(per dealer service tech direction) and then Dodge dealer declining to touch it now HOLE....
I decided to purchase the Synergy link from 4WP and have been waiting for the part since MARCH 19th....no joke, purchased March 19th online, 4WPs last told me I am at the top of a list of other customers nearly 100 deep.
Dealer service tech had told me to have the welds ground off by alignment shop, aligned and then bring to them to check specs and then reweld as part of the recall. But service tech changed his tone when he looked at the drag link post grind and refused to even put the truck on a lift......
I had to tighten the lock nuts again myself and then weld them myself to just be able to safely use my truck until the Synergy part came in.......2 months later.....still waiting!!!!
RamCare reached out to me back in March but I missed their message...so starting that convo now..... BUT HOLY CRAP, 2 MONTHS FOR A PART....

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I'm in that post recall spot welds broken for steering alignment(per dealer service tech direction) and then Dodge dealer declining to touch it now HOLE....
I decided to purchase the Synergy link from 4WP and have been waiting for the part since MARCH 19th....no joke, purchased March 19th online, 4WPs last told me I am at the top of a list of other customers nearly 100 deep.
Dealer service tech had told me to have the welds ground off by alignment shop, aligned and then bring to them to check specs and then reweld as part of the recall. But service tech changed his tone when he looked at the drag link post grind and refused to even put the truck on a lift......
I had to tighten the lock nuts again myself and then weld them myself to just be able to safely use my truck until the Synergy part came in.......2 months later.....still waiting!!!!
RamCare reached out to me back in March but I missed their message...so starting that convo now..... BUT HOLY CRAP, 2 MONTHS FOR A PART....
Yep, welcome to the world post covid. Parts and supply chain issues continue to be a problem and are not expected to return to pre covid conditions until at least through 2023. Not good, but that's the reality.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you were to pm @RamCares they are now addressing this issue . Do not go through a dealer contact them by pm ,they are changing them out daily .

RamShark1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, welcome to the world post covid. Parts and supply chain issues continue to be a problem and are not expected to return to pre covid conditions until at least through 2023. Not good, but that's the reality.
I understand, grateful my family, friends and I are healthy, although we lost our mother during last year’s covid chaos in the severely challenged hospital environment. So waiting on a part is a minor pain not to overly sweat. This too shall pass.

RamShark1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Having to wait since the March 19th purchase of a Synergy drag link, a company that seems to be located in Southern California, makes one start to assume Synergy’s manufacturing is in China, the country most effected right now with Covid shutdowns, or their material suppliers are. Anyone know where they manufacture?

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I understand, grateful my family, friends and I are healthy, although we lost our mother during last year’s covid chaos in the severely challenged hospital environment. So waiting on a part is a minor pain not to overly sweat. This too shall pass.
Sorry to hear that Sir and for your loss. My prayers to you and your family. This covid sure altered our world in many ways.