RAM CARES and DRAG LINK RECALL !

krakaman24

2018 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
I paid for the Synergy out of pocket and put it on while upgrading the rest of my front end. Never looked back and never dealt with the headache of trying to get Ram to pay for it.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the principal of the issue and also think it is BS. However, spending the $300 or so bucks to have the problem fixed with no headaches on my end was my choice.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I paid for the Synergy out of pocket and put it on while upgrading the rest of my front end. Never looked back and never dealt with the headache of trying to get Ram to pay for it.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the principal of the issue and also think it is BS. However, spending the $300 or so bucks to have the problem fixed with no headaches on my end was my choice.
Completely understand. It's just a sad statement when it's so much hassle to get Ram to do what they are suppose to do that it's worth going hundreds of dollars out of pocket to fix it yourself.

Tom6363

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4x4
Engine
6.4/3.73
For those who've tried getting re-imbursed, show of hands who are original owners and those who are buyers of a used truck and not the original purchaser.

RamShark1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm in that post recall spot welds broken for steering alignment(per dealer service tech direction) and then Dodge dealer declining to touch it now HOLE....
I decided to purchase the Synergy link from 4WP and have been waiting for the part since MARCH 19th....no joke, purchased March 19th online, 4WPs last told me I am at the top of a list of other customers nearly 100 deep.
Dealer service tech had told me to have the welds ground off by alignment shop, aligned and then bring to them to check specs and then reweld as part of the recall. But service tech changed his tone when he looked at the drag link post grind and refused to even put the truck on a lift......
I had to tighten the lock nuts again myself and then weld them myself to just be able to safely use my truck until the Synergy part came in.......2 months later.....still waiting!!!!
RamCare reached out to me back in March but I missed their message...so starting that convo now..... BUT HOLY CRAP, 2 MONTHS FOR A PART....

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I'm in that post recall spot welds broken for steering alignment(per dealer service tech direction) and then Dodge dealer declining to touch it now HOLE....
I decided to purchase the Synergy link from 4WP and have been waiting for the part since MARCH 19th....no joke, purchased March 19th online, 4WPs last told me I am at the top of a list of other customers nearly 100 deep.
Dealer service tech had told me to have the welds ground off by alignment shop, aligned and then bring to them to check specs and then reweld as part of the recall. But service tech changed his tone when he looked at the drag link post grind and refused to even put the truck on a lift......
I had to tighten the lock nuts again myself and then weld them myself to just be able to safely use my truck until the Synergy part came in.......2 months later.....still waiting!!!!
RamCare reached out to me back in March but I missed their message...so starting that convo now..... BUT HOLY CRAP, 2 MONTHS FOR A PART....
Yep, welcome to the world post covid. Parts and supply chain issues continue to be a problem and are not expected to return to pre covid conditions until at least through 2023. Not good, but that's the reality.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you were to pm @RamCares they are now addressing this issue . Do not go through a dealer contact them by pm ,they are changing them out daily .

RamShark1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, welcome to the world post covid. Parts and supply chain issues continue to be a problem and are not expected to return to pre covid conditions until at least through 2023. Not good, but that's the reality.
I understand, grateful my family, friends and I are healthy, although we lost our mother during last year’s covid chaos in the severely challenged hospital environment. So waiting on a part is a minor pain not to overly sweat. This too shall pass.

RamShark1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Having to wait since the March 19th purchase of a Synergy drag link, a company that seems to be located in Southern California, makes one start to assume Synergy’s manufacturing is in China, the country most effected right now with Covid shutdowns, or their material suppliers are. Anyone know where they manufacture?

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I understand, grateful my family, friends and I are healthy, although we lost our mother during last year’s covid chaos in the severely challenged hospital environment. So waiting on a part is a minor pain not to overly sweat. This too shall pass.
Sorry to hear that Sir and for your loss. My prayers to you and your family. This covid sure altered our world in many ways.