RAM CHMSL with Cargo Camera 68163937AL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Cool

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys,
Can anyone confirm that if you buy this part number at the dealer you get the brake light housing with the LED lights AND the cargo camera?

I ordered what I thought was the same thing from RockAuto (P/N# 68163937AJ) and it arrived without the camera.

Is there a part number for just the camera?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I believe when you order that PN normally from Mopar you get the complete assembly with the camera ($500 for Mopar version). I would expect the Dorman knock off version (eBay) to have it also for nearly the same price, but maybe not. Fairly sure the camera assy can be ordered separately though.

Reach out to forum vendor AllmoparParts.com (Benny) and he can confirm/get you PNs

Edit: 68412027AB is the updated PN for the complete assy (replaces 68163937AJ)

M² Mods.

Last edited:

rgardjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I would expect the Dorman knock off version (eBay) to have it also for nearly the same price, but maybe not. Fairly sure the camera assy can be ordered separately though.

Reach out to forum vendor AllmoparParts.com (Benny) and he can confirm.

M² Mods.

I bought the Doorman version and it didn't come with the camera. I was expecting it to for the price. I bought the camera from a salvage yard through car-part.com

OP
OP
J

Joe Cool

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys.
I managed to find the part number for the cargo camera and it is 68170934AI if anyone else is looking for it.

shrive81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
question do you know on a 2019 the harness is already there is it plug and play just need to program the dash to see it?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
question do you know on a 2019 the harness is already there is it plug and play just need to program the dash to see it?

I’m assuming you are referring to a 5th Gen HD truck? What trim level?