Ram classic 2021 5.7 hemi regular cab gas octane ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello guys I’m new here I just buy my first truck I go with ram classic because I want the regular cab so I chose the 4.4 with hemi 5.7 2021 model and I ask about what gas octane should I go for I live in Qatar Middle East and here the gas only two type one is the 95 octane and the other is 91 octane also the price is almost same but the 95 little higher in price I heard people said 89 for ram but with my concern I just have two options should I go for 91 or 95 and I buy my car before 2 days

OP
OP
Q

QRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
admin if you can close the topic I already see the owner manual it’s said I can do 91-95 but for best performance they recommend the 95 octane Ron

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's hard to compare USA standards for octane with standards in Europe and the Middle East, the measuring standards are different. I believe Qatar uses RON and USA uses R+M/2 - they mostly measure the same thing but produce different outcomes, so 95 RON is similar to 90 or 91 R+M/2 and 91 RON is similar to 87 R+M/2

Some people say they can feel the difference in how the truck runs and some people say they can't. Everyone's butt dyno is calibrated differently..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Q

QRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks kurek i wait to almost empty the tank from 91 Ron I put then I will keep put the 95 Ron it’s almost same price less than 3 dollar for full the tank but I make mistake because I google it and find us said 89 and I’m not expert in gas type I just chose by number and I make the big mistake because I didn’t see the owner manual before I see it after my first fuel to car but thanks god I call the ram service they told me it’s fine just when tanks finish keep do the 95 Ron nothing bad happen to the engine

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In case anyone else comes to this thread with this or a similar question, the numbers posted for Octane vary based on the system used to determine those numbers, as @kurek said. Best advice is to check your vehicle's owner's manual, presuming it is printed for the country that you live in.

In the United States, and using the calculation method here, recommended Octane level (per the owner's manual for my truck) is 89, but it will work with the less expensive 87. Me personally, even though there is numerous 'evidence' out there to suggest that the energy available per gallon in the different octane levels is exactly the same, I have noticed a difference in response when I put the 89 (recommended) in my '21 Warlock over when I run it on 87 (allowed). It is a slight difference to be sure, but it seems to be there. Maybe it comes down to, as kurek worded it, how my butt dyno is calibrated.

Typically, no matter where in the world you are, the higher numbers mean a higher octane level, and the higher performance vehicles run better with a higher octane. Some engine manufacturers/car companies will say that a certain vehicle *requires* (my emphasis) a fuel with a certain octane level, and some, like my RAM, *recommend* (again, my emphasis) using a certain level, but using a lower octane level fuel will still work. Please be careful when getting fuel that you follow at least the minimum Octane requirements for your specific vehicle. And pay attention if it says recommended or required, that DOES make a difference.