Ram Classic Warlock Fog Lights???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NinjaHobbitX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey Everyone,
Not sure if this is something that has been discussed yet but i haven't found anything on this topic.

I have a 2022 Ram 1500 classic Warlock and it came with factory LED fog lights.
What I am trying to figure out is if anyone has found a direct replacement that are 3000k yellow??
I find the white factory LED fogs are not as bright as they should be.

I have attached some pictures of the factory fogs.
20230504_091802.jpg
20230504_091815.jpg

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Short answer: No.

Want something different? You’ll be changing the entire housing.

They’re fog lights…. They’re not supposed to light the night and blind everyone. You’ll be better served chasing down HIDs for your projectors.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My '18 rebel has similar fogs, and I find them to be plenty bright, for "close" stuff. IE it fills in the dark area between my bumper, and where the low beams meet the road. I upgraded the lights in the projectors to LED's, don't love the ones I put in, but they definitely were an improvement to the halogen's I had from factory. (especially since the halogens had 4-5 years on them.)

OP
OP
NinjaHobbitX

NinjaHobbitX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Short answer: No.

Want something different? You’ll be changing the entire housing.

They’re fog lights…. They’re not supposed to light the night and blind everyone. You’ll be better served chasing down HIDs for your projectors.
Im not trying to light up the night or blind anyone but they are fogs and my personal preference is they should be yellow. My OEM fogs now are LED (which light up nothing other then a foot or 2 in front of my bumper) and are sealed units so replacing the bulbs is out of the question and my only alternative is replacing the housing.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im not trying to light up the night or blind anyone but they are fogs and my personal preference is they should be yellow. My OEM fogs now are LED (which light up nothing other then a foot or 2 in front of my bumper) and are sealed units so replacing the bulbs is out of the question and my only alternative is replacing the housing.

If your '22 Warlock is the same as my '21, AFAIK, they're just normal H11 sized in an LED format.

UPDATE; I just checked my truck and the LED fog lights appear to be some sort of LED-type custom-sized sealed beam. The instructions below match my manual and are not correct.

I know that my truck year had optional LED fog lights and it appears they're not interchangeable with the halogen 9006, or H11.

The aftermarket suppliers seem to be equally confused and all that I've checked, list the '21 Warlock with halogen fog lights.

Wrong \/
These are the directions from the owner's manual.

Fog Lamps — If Equipped See below steps to replace.
1. Reach under and behind the front fascia/ bumper to access the back of the front fog lamp housing.
2. Disconnect the fog lamp wiring harness connector from the fog lamp bulb. Fog Lamp Bulb
3. Rotate the bulb counterclockwise a quarter turn to unlock the bulb from the housing.
4. Pull the bulb straight out from the housing

I have yet to check this on my truck which has LED so-called fog lights that I prefer to think of as driving lights.

Mine work great to light up the ditches on the country roads that I mainly drive on but they're almost useless for fog because they're set very low. OK, if you plan to drive at 20 or 30 Kph.

Check here while I go test out the above instructions on my truck. I'm not endorsing this product, only a reference.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NinjaHobbitX

NinjaHobbitX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If your '22 Warlock is the same as my '21, AFAIK, they're just normal H11 sized in an LED format.

These are the directions from the owner's manual.

Fog Lamps — If Equipped See below steps to replace.
1. Reach under and behind the front fascia/ bumper to access the back of the front fog lamp housing.
2. Disconnect the fog lamp wiring harness connector from the fog lamp bulb. Fog Lamp Bulb
3. Rotate the bulb counterclockwise a quarter turn to unlock the bulb from the housing.
4. Pull the bulb straight out from the housing

I have yet to check this on my truck which has LED so-called fog lights that I prefer to think of as driving lights.

Mine work great to light up the ditches on the country roads that I mainly drive on but they're almost useless for fog because they're set very low. OK, if you plan to drive at 20 or 30 Kph.

Check here while I go test out the above instructions on my truck. I'm not endorsing this product, only a reference.

Yes please let me know of your findings. From looking through the lens it didnt appear to be replaceable. i will do the same either today or tomorrow and have pictures to attach to this thread.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes please let me know of your findings. From looking through the lens it didnt appear to be replaceable. i will do the same either today or tomorrow and have pictures to attach to this thread.

Just making certain that you read my updated post #5 above. :cool:

UPDATE; I just checked my truck and the LED fog lights appear to be some sort of LED-type custom-sized sealed beam. The instructions below match my manual and are not correct.

I know that my truck year had optional LED fog lights and it appears they're not interchangeable with the halogen 9006, or H11.

The aftermarket suppliers seem to be equally confused and all that I've checked, list the '21 Warlock with halogen fog lights.

I just learned today that the dealership where I purchased my truck, closed its doors last March 1st.

I plan to call another dealership with my VIN and ask for a part number on the OEM LED fog lights and then see if anyone makes an aftermarket replacement or any other colours.

Here is the problem as I see it. FCA calls those lights, fog lights, and mine are aimed far too low to be useful as fog lights unless you're driving at 20mph or less because they barely look over the bumper.

I should also qualify my over-driving the lights comment and say, that's only when driving in fog and disabling the low beam due to too much reflection.

Traveling any faster and you will be seriously over-driving your lights and where I drive, something will step out of the woods in front of you sooner than later.

I actually appreciate how my driving lights light up the ditches on the dark country roads and I'm not interested in compromising how they function now.

My area often has very thick fog and my plan was to either install white/yellow switchback LED lights in the low beam or add externally mounted fog lights on the bumper.

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope you have a large budget available. :cool:

This item is also available in yellow. You will require to confirm the fitting size.

I'm not convinced that this item will be plug n play for a Ram truck with OEM LED fog lights.

Unless an FCA dealer can confirm, you may have to extract one of your existing lights to confirm the connector type and size of the unit is correct before ordering.

Last edited:

Joshua Collins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

They make them for the normal models but not the warlock. Get the universal kit and cut to size. Have the amber film on mine can see it in my profile pic and also have them on the wife's gladiator fogs. Works well on both.

OP
OP
NinjaHobbitX

NinjaHobbitX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
UPDATE ON THIS!!

looks like there might be a cheaper way around this that does not involve customizing that fog light panel... I have not taken measurements yet as my part supplier is ordering a fog light housing for me to see if i can use it.

What I found is that the 2019 Chrysler Pacifica had the same LED assy but also had none LED fog lights which share the same round mounting plate. The size of the projector lens looks right as well so im thinking you can run these and use any HID or LED lighting kits you want.

I could be wrong and if anyone has tried this already and failed please let me know so i dont waste a trip to the store.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I know what i would do to modify the warlock grille, to get better lighting.
just need a small cut off saw & a Dremel tool

1692345680804.png

OP
OP
NinjaHobbitX

NinjaHobbitX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I know what i would do to modify the warlock grille, to get better lighting.
just need a small cut off saw & a Dremel tool

View attachment 526693
Morning GTyankee, Those front bumper lights look really good! how did you do those or what parts did you use (brackets, lights and sizing). do you have pictures how you installed??

as far as the fog lights i would love to hear your thoughts on how you would do it. i didnt want to customize the bumper fog panel only because i could do a good job but would be worried it wouldnt look right or look like **** lol.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't have a newer Ram

I have used a 3 inch cut off saw to cut a Ram bumper & then used a Dremel tool to clean up the edges

1692391531961.png

1692391332650.png