RAM dealerships refuses to service my vehicle due to low survey score (long post)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EDIT- Dealership name for those asking and those who will read this. Champion RAM CHRYSLER of Zionsville, Indiana

so i figured id keep you guys all posted on my dealer issues with RAM after my service appointmnet last money (http://www.ramforum.com/f38/another_day_dealer_another_day_my_time_wasted-107766/ heres my thread if you need to catch up)

Anyways i went ahead and rated the dealerships service pretty poorly. I gave them ratings between 0 and 6. However, did rate their cleanliness a 10.

So today i got a call from Ron who is the service guy that looked at my truck. He calls me today and says "i see you got gave us a bad review on the survey and id like to talk about this." I explained how i felt like they didnt attempt to fix any of my issues and all of the issues are still present and none of them are even fixed. He goes on to say "tell you what. i am going to have my manager resend you the survery and id like you to try and give us 9s or 10s. I dont think we deserve the 0s and 6s you gave us. Once you get that survey sent in we will take another look at your truck."

I went on to explain that i gave them my honest opinion on the survey and that i felt like my scores were fair based on how i was treated. Especially since they had my truck for 8 hours and essentially only flashed my computer, i waited 15 minutes for them to find my truck once i got there, and the dumb service driver LEFT MY TRUCK IN DRIVE WHEN HE GOT OUT!! He was like well yes that is all we did in 8 hours but we still looked at the other stuff.

I told him if you didnt find the issues you should have called me to keep me updated like i asked you to. I told him i would have happily showed him the issues and noises on a test drive or demonstration. I asked is that not standard practice for a mechanical issue? he said "well of course that is standard practice but only if the customer requests it."

we continue our conversation and he comes back to the survey. He said listen im going to get this survey sent back to you and then once you get us some 9s or 10s we will get you back in and i will look at it and you can go for a ride with the manager and we will happily take a look at it again. I said wait "so if i dont redo this survey you are saying you refuse to look at my truck???" hes says "no no no thats not what i said... im just not going to go out of my way to speak to RAM corporate about your issues or to look into things deeper if we dont find them initally." Im like you are refusing to work on my vehicle because i wont cahgne my scores. That is absolutely ridiculous!

He goes on to tell me well you chose to modify your vehicle and alter it. If you didnt put those LARGE HEAVY tires (emphasized this) on your vehicle then you wouldnt have these issues. These all void the warranty. Your tire winch would be fine with stock tire. The issue is that the tire wont fit under there and thats why it doesnt fit. I said no the tire fits fine (its only 32.4" which is like barely 1" over stock i believe) and the tire weighs pretty close to stock weight. I told him its the mechanism thats stripped out not the tire winch not working. IT will get the tire off the ground. I asked what the stock tire weight was and he couldnt tell me. I told him well if its the same or close to that of my spare then how am i wrong here? He couldnt answer.

He also told me because i took my battery out of my truck when it died and "went ahead and replaced it myself and took that initiative that he cant help me there." Hes like well how do i know thats the stock battery? Im like what did you want me to do? MY truck was dead in a autozone parking lot and you guys refused to give me a loaner and refused to look at my truck until 4 days out? hes like "well you should have jump started it, drove it here and left it and we would have replaced it." I explained that then i would have to have a rental car and pay $35 a day for 4 days for you to MAYBE consider it replacable under warranty. Hes like well thats what you needed to do.

In the end of the conversation hes like well i dont know what else i can do for you here. If you dont want to redo your survey then we cant help you unforunately. I explained that i would happily submit a survery ONCE they look at it again and we agree together whether its broken, or not. He said well sorry no we will not look at your truck you will have to take it to another dealer!

I have never EVER felt so off put, and disrespected by a company. This makes me NEVER want to own another RAM truck again. I LOVVVEEE my truck but its not worth it with all these BS people working for RAM.

I will say i am in contact with Andrea from RAMCARE and i know she will do everything she can to make it right and i do not blame, or think badly about her or anyone who work for RAM CARE because they have helped me out before and i know they truly care about us as owners/ customers. However, i can not say the same about the dealerships or service department.

I also called the dealer back and left a message with the director of the service department to file an official complaint because that was some straight up disrespect and BS. You can not force a customer to change his survey as a condition to look at his vehicle.

Last edited:

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow! I am sorry to hear that. Here is a link to the board of directives, senior executives, and the management team. Tell me who's email you you want (or multiple) and I will get it for you. This way you can email me several if he executives your official complaint at once.

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/bios.do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Oh man I would be as pissed as you are. I'm interested to see where this goes

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
WOW! Makes me feel fortunate they only did cosmetic damage to my truck in my recent warranty work. I would be livid if I was treated like this. I'd like to see what RAMCARE is able to do about this.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
WOW
What a F'ing *****
I'd go above dealers head to Corp. Hopefully RamCares can help here.
I once scored a survey low, BUT explained why in comments, service manager did call me and thanked me for adding why I scored low and said the dealership was trying to fix prob.
Good luck on this man.
as another stated BBB is a route to go as well.
That always hurts business.
Mess with the bull you will get the horns.
Glad you are standing your ground.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Man, that is absolutely terrible service.

I'm fortunate to have a great service department who has stuck with it through good and bad on all the vehicles I've purchased from them, up to and including having to replace the entire engine in my 2014.

Good luck and let us know how things progress from here.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
THIS IS WHY I JUST PARKED A GMC 2500HD IN MY DRIVEWAY "TODAY". Nasty low down filthy low life dirt bag at the Dealership, ram lost my business forever for this type of BS.
So sorry to hear your getting the stick from the Lowlifeship. Keep us posted.

bretttn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wow! That is so crazy! Would they really think they can get away with that? I didn't look back yet if you posted dealership information for others to be aware.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The good thing to take away from this is that the survey is doing what corporate intended (well, sort of). Dealerships are worried about getting bad ratings. That tells you that there are real ramifications to doing so.

Of course the way it's supposed to go is that they give you better service you never give them a bad rating in the first place.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"tell you what. i am going to have my manager resend you the survery and id like you to try and give us 9s or 10s. I dont think we deserve the 0s and 6s you gave us. Once you get that survey sent in we will take another look at your truck."

I said wait "so if i dont redo this survey you are saying you refuse to look at my truck???" hes says "no no no thats not what i said... im just not going to go out of my way to speak to RAM corporate about your issues or to look into things deeper if we dont find them initally."

I explained that i would happily submit a survery ONCE they look at it again and we agree together whether its broken, or not. He said well sorry no we will not look at your truck you will have to take it to another dealer!

Wow........ yes, yes yes, that is what you said.

So,.is this his job? He calls people who left poor ratings and uses bullying tactics to get your truck looked at again. Therefore rendering their ratings fabricated. The call should have been about them inviting you back for a second look and no mention of any review. Upon second inspection, wether they were right, wrong or half of each, they then could have approached you with the survey and apologized for any prior mistakes on their end. I can't believe I just read that this actually happened.

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you look at the top five post right meow, in this section, most are dealing with dealership woes. Wtf is going on with these dealers

Luke

JimP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad you're going directly to Ram to tell them your story.

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I'd file complaint with the BBB on the dealership as well. Then I'd be sending an email to the State AG's Ofc.

sorry but what would i need to contact the State AG's office for?

and how would i contact the BBB

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow! I am sorry to hear that. Here is a link to the board of directives, senior executives, and the management team. Tell me who's email you you want (or multiple) and I will get it for you. This way you can email me several if he executives your official complaint at once.

FCA US Media Website

whoever you think needs to hear this from that list and will actually listen to my complaint send me their emails please. I will send them this post... i will clean it way up and make sure its proper and what not.

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get him to send you another survey and then give him all 0s and send a letter with it explaining all of this.

LMAO! this is what i was thinking about doing. If he resends it i will rate them all 0 and give them this post as to why and how they lowered they score.