Ram high-pressure fuel pump recall not being fixed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Nedbalek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So our Ram 2500 Cummins has 25,000 miles on it now. I have talked to two different dealers and we are on the list to have the high-pressure pump replaced. One dealer told me they are getting only 1 pump per month now instead of 1 per week and another dealer told me that on the 2019’s they are not going to replace the pumps and unless they go out. WTF So this is a recall that they are really not doing anything about until it fails you now? And When your truck fails now you are just down and out I guess? Does anybody have any other input or advice on how to get this repair done any quicker?

Last edited:

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So are Ram 2500 Cummins has 25,000 miles on it now I have talked to two different dealers and we are on the list to have the high-pressure pump replaced. One dealer told me they are getting only one pump per month now and another dealer told me that on the 2019’s they are not going to replace the pumps and less they go out. WTF So this is a recall that they are really not doing anything about until it fails you now? And When your truck fails now you are just down and out I guess? Does anybody have any other input or advice on how to get this repair done any quicker?

This guy’s truck is under the new-vehicle warranty, and the pump failed - disabling the vehicle. His dealer told him at least 14 weeks for the parts: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/cp...repair-disabled-truck-ram-doesnt-care.192500/

Dawn R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
So our Ram 2500 Cummins has 25,000 miles on it now. I have talked to two different dealers and we are on the list to have the high-pressure pump replaced. One dealer told me they are getting only 1 pump per month now instead of 1 per week and another dealer told me that on the 2019’s they are not going to replace the pumps and unless they go out. WTF So this is a recall that they are really not doing anything about until it fails you now? And When your truck fails now you are just down and out I guess? Does anybody have any other input or advice on how to get this repair done any quicker?
I've literally complained to anyone and everyone i can and gotten nowhere. The nhs doesn't even care. It doesn't even qualify as a lemon. My question is, there are 2022's sitting on the lot right now. How did they find the part to build that truck but can't fix mine?

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I've literally complained to anyone and everyone i can and gotten nowhere. The nhs doesn't even care. It doesn't even qualify as a lemon. My question is, there are 2022's sitting on the lot right now. How did they find the part to build that truck but can't fix mine?

Being you have a 2020 didn't your dealer submit your VIN to Ram to verify then put you on the wait list for when its your turn? I have read o owners of 2020 live in smaller towns so the dealer was able to get them a new pump with only a short wait time. I have also heard of some dealers who really don't want to do the work because they don't get paid full hourly shop rate for warranty work....

Dawn R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Being you have a 2020 didn't your dealer submit your VIN to Ram to verify then put you on the wait list for when its your turn? I have read o owners of 2020 live in smaller towns so the dealer was able to get them a new pump with only a short wait time. I have also heard of some dealers who really don't want to do the work because they don't get paid full hourly shop rate for warranty work....
No. Every time I called, they said they couldn't do it by vin. They said I had to bring it in to have some inspection done but if it failed, I wouldn't get my truck back for months.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
No. Every time I called, they said they couldn't do it by vin. They said I had to bring it in to have some inspection done but if it failed, I wouldn't get my truck back for months.
Time to find another dealer if you can to do business with, every body I have talked to who had the pump replaced the dealer first took vin and some other info to submit to FCA, once verified the truck is put on wait list until parts arrive ( big dealerships have a longer wait list then dealers in smaller towns), I've read about smaller town dealers once given the okay by FCA will order the parts asap, I have read takes just a few weeks for parts to arrive once ordered but YMMV....

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You can buy your own part(s), but you get the whole unit, not just the part that the dealers are replacing.
from what i read on here, you will not be reimbursed if you buy an after market piece

Ram CP4 replacement

not that we care
GMC is going through the same thing

Ricky Herring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
I finally got my pump replaced yesterday, I was on the phone with the dealer once a week for months before finally getting in. I was told that the dealer here in AZ has at least 400 trucks waiting for the part, so one a week will take years, if this holds. the dealer had my truck for 8 days for the repair. FYI they told me back in 2 days but not so, but at least its done!

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Any update?

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963