Ram in 3rd Place in Consumer Reports' Satisfaction Survey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I was surprised to see Ram, Chrysler, and Dodge ahead of Ford, Chevy/ Gmc and Toyota. Whatever you do don't tell Scotty Kilmer, it might ruin his day.:D

Heck Yeah! Ram tops Ford, Chevy & GM AGAIN. I luv it !!

Poor little Toyota Tundra. A truck wannabee.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me and for many other people I would say its not so much that CDJR products are better made and certainly not more reliable but its the fact that they make vehicles that are fun and don't feel the need to redesign the entire lineup every three years like Ford does. For instance I bought a brand new F150 XLT CC back in 2013 fairly loaded with the 3.5 Ecoboost out the door for around $30K. That same truck now would cost probably $12K more plus I don't like the fact that the F150 has been redesigned 3 times since then where the Ram has been updated only once. That's not to say I wouldn't buy another Ford because I probably would before I would buy another GM product and besides didn't GM say recently they were going all electric in a few years/going bankrupt again for sure.................

OP
OP
indept

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
For me and for many other people I would say its not so much that CDJR products are better made and certainly not more reliable but its the fact that they make vehicles that are fun and don't feel the need to redesign the entire lineup every three years like Ford does. For instance I bought a brand new F150 XLT CC back in 2013 fairly loaded with the 3.5 Ecoboost out the door for around $30K. That same truck now would cost probably $12K more plus I don't like the fact that the F150 has been redesigned 3 times since then where the Ram has been updated only once. That's not to say I wouldn't buy another Ford because I probably would before I would buy another GM product and besides didn't GM say recently they were going all electric in a few years/going bankrupt again for sure.................
As for reliability as long as you perform maintenance Rams are pretty reliable.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I am looking at new Grand Cherokee for Mrs. Seems like a solid machine.
We just bought a 21 Grand Cherokee for the local missus here. Trail hawk trim. We traded in her 15 Grand Cherokee that she drove to 130k mi. With zero issues.

She bought the Trailhawk before she drove it because they are difficult to come by Round herewith her must haves. 1) heated seats, 2) cooled seats, 3) Hemi. Seems simple to me, ya.
She shopped the market for over a year, this one came up 2 hours away, she bought it.

When we went to go get it she let me drive it first, her new Grand Cherokee is an incredible vehicle. The tech is super impressive, the build feels really solid and high class, it handles tight even on snow and ice, (especially on snow and ice - I-70 on day 2 the jeep ate it up), and of course the 5.7 in that little ride will straight up move. Stylish as hell with stitched leather, and the two-color badges. Recover hooks, air ride,, off road pages, the list goes on and on.

I like her jeep so much, when she let my boy and I borrow it to snowboard, I told him " I feel guilty, because if this jeep were mine I dont think I would have let her take it". Lol

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Thanks @WY.Ram They have so many trims it's taking me a while to wade through them all.

Even though our resident Boy Warden grew up driving a Suburban with a big block, I don't think she cares much about giddyup & go anymore. But she damn well cares about being stranded and without a vehicle.

I'm thinking the Pentastar V6 is good enough.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tesla is making the best electric cars that have ever been made. They go further, faster and with better reliability than anyone has been able to do with an electric.
I agree with the best, but the "better reliability" is questionable. CR's survey for example put several models and years of Teslas on their "worst used cars" list:

https://www.consumerreports.org/used-cars/used-cars-to-avoid-buying/
MODEL YEAR(S) TO AVOID
Model S 2019-2020
Model X 2017, 2019
Model Y 2020

The BMW i3, Hyundai Kona EV, Kia Niro EV were given higher reliability ratings. Speaking of the i3 in particular though, I feel bad for people who bought them for $50K, when about three years later they are worth less than $20K. Highest depreciation vehicle in BMW's entire fleet.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
I like her jeep so much, when she let my boy and I borrow it to snowboard, I told him " I feel guilty, because if this jeep were mine I dont think I would have let her take it". Lol

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha.

That was GREAT !

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
Scotty is an idiot. He's just in YouTube as he's nothing else to do it seems. He might've owned his business but I think I forgot more than he knows.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scotty is an idiot. He's just in YouTube as he's nothing else to do it seems. He might've owned his business but I think I forgot more than he knows.
I agree! All Scotty knows is "20 year POS Toyota" GOOD, everything else bad. I agree Toyota's were the **** 20 years ago, but they were boring then and even worse now. I do watch his video's from time to time and it seems to me the content/story-line never seems to match up with the title. One thing that he is particularly good at though is rambling................

OP
OP
indept

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I agree! All Scotty knows is "20 year POS Toyota" GOOD, everything else bad.............. I do watch his video's from time to time and it seems to me the content/story-line never seems to match up with the title. One thing that he is particularly good at though is rambling................
And funny pictures...

mr_deeds.jpg

Last edited: