RAM Key types

Chef Ed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question
I have a 2 Transponder Keys that came with the truck , it is a Non Remote 2020 1500 Tradesman.
Can I program a 3rd key myself or is this a dealer only process?
thanks
Ed

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know what the 6th button on the Keyless is for??? I have the Rebel, so I have Remote Start, and I can drop the air ride from the fob, plus the standard lock/unlock/scare the shit out of the 2 year old when you fat finger the panic button at the store and the cart is next to the driver wheel (panic button)...

But I keep looking at #6 thinking "What the duck is this meant for??? And can I use it for whatever that is?" I have the solder pads, and traces, but no button, which I can fix if it does anything.

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Anyone know what the 6th button on the Keyless is for??? I have the Rebel, so I have Remote Start, and I can drop the air ride from the fob, plus the standard lock/unlock/scare the shit out of the 2 year old when you fat finger the panic button at the store and the cart is next to the driver wheel (panic button)...

But I keep looking at #6 thinking "What the duck is this meant for??? And can I use it for whatever that is?" I have the solder pads, and traces, but no button, which I can fix if it does anything.

The only example I could find with all 6 buttons used was for a mini-van with the bottom two being for the power sliding doors.

-K

1660778644285.png

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

2022 Dodge Ram 1500 Smart Remote Key Fob w/Air Suspension, Remote Start, Power Tailgate​

1660815539596.png

damn, did not try to make it so big