Ram letters on front grill (2021 Rebel)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Anyone take these off?

When looking at them. they seem to part of the grill. Or maybe I'm just blind.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Open the hood
There should be a rubber, plastic, or cardboard cover that reaches from headlight to headlight, the correct name for it is a SIGHT SHIELD

To take it off, use something like a Plastic Trim tool, on the newer ones they used a different plastic pin & it takes a special tool

If you use a regular trim tool, don't grab the top of the pin, slide the tool under the Sight Shield & pry it & the pin out together.

Sight Shield

51cSGGHTT5L._AC_SS450_.jpg

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks. I check that out if it ever stop raining.
I didn't read your second post, just clicked the video.
I was thinking why do I need to remove headlights. Then I reread your post :)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
For almost anything that needs work on at the forward area of the engine compartment, you need to remove that cover
so i picked headlights :)

once that cover is off, you may be able to see any clips or screws that hold on the letters

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Depending on the attachment style of your letters, this video might be helpful.

I just bought a set of blacked out "night edition" letters to replace the silly looking silver ones on the front of my Warlock. Who the hell at RAM/FCA in their right mind thought "black out EVERYTHING, the bumper, the interior of the headlights, the door handles, the badging, even the interior, make that darker too, but leave the lug nuts, RAM letters, and exhaust tips chrome or silver" was a good idea?!?!

But I DID see something that, IMO, looks even sillier on another video. He was gifted from his brother, apparently, a new Rebel/Warlock style grill, and this one had the light up letters on it. Again, everything else blacked out. Although, I guess if you could black the front of the letters out, and have it look like a back light setup, that might not be so bad.

OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Depending on the attachment style of your letters, this video might be helpful.

I just bought a set of blacked out "night edition" letters to replace the silly looking silver ones on the front of my Warlock. Who the hell at RAM/FCA in their right mind thought "black out EVERYTHING, the bumper, the interior of the headlights, the door handles, the badging, even the interior, make that darker too, but leave the lug nuts, RAM letters, and exhaust tips chrome or silver" was a good idea?!?!

But I DID see something that, IMO, looks even sillier on another video. He was gifted from his brother, apparently, a new Rebel/Warlock style grill, and this one had the light up letters on it. Again, everything else blacked out. Although, I guess if you could black the front of the letters out, and have it look like a back light setup, that might not be so bad.

Ha. When I seen my Rebel for first time. First thing I noticed was chrome lugs.
My Truck isn't black, but it's Night Edition. WTF. Chrome lugs??

Everything else on mine is black though. Letters, exhaust, etc..

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ha. When I seen my Rebel for first time. First thing I noticed was chrome lugs.
My Truck isn't black, but it's Night Edition. WTF. Chrome lugs??

Everything else on mine is black though. Letters, exhaust, etc..

Mine are not strictly speaking "chromed", but I get your meaning. If you want, I can direct you towards a set of blacked out lug nuts that are, except for not being official "RAM" aftermarket, look exactly like the stock ones. The package is in my truck, and I am not going out to get them at this time of night.

OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Mine are not strictly speaking "chromed", but I get your meaning. If you want, I can direct you towards a set of blacked out lug nuts that are, except for not being official "RAM" aftermarket, look exactly like the stock ones. The package is in my truck, and I am not going out to get them at this time of night.
I changed my rims and tires.
Went from 18 to 20 inch. Lugs are covered.
I purchased black lugs incase I want put stock rims back on.
1635401137526.png

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried to switch to black lugs but went back to chrome after finding out NONE of the ones I bought retained their gloss over time. ****** powder coat I guess. Sticking with the chromies now.

Moparzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I attempted to remove the R A M grille letters on my 2021 Rebel to change the color and there's no way they were going to "pop" off as I saw in another video (on a slightly older model.) I ended up buying a really nice set of decals (not the ones sold on eBay) and it covered the letters perfectly to get the look I wanted.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I attempted to remove the R A M grille letters on my 2021 Rebel to change the color and there's no way they were going to "pop" off as I saw in another video (on a slightly older model.) I ended up buying a really nice set of decals (not the ones sold on eBay) and it covered the letters perfectly to get the look I wanted.
Any chance you still have a link?

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Likewise interested if you have a link Moparzz....a decal to cover my Warlock R A M grill lettering ....maybe in Red or Black