Ram offers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blahargoue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Advice: Never ever negotiate from the monthly payment position. Always secure the best sale price on the truck. Once that is established, only then discuss financing offers. Far to easy for the dealer to tweak the terms of the loan to fit your monthly payment goal by varing the length of the loan if you don't have a firm fix on the price first. If you are then uncomfortable with the monthly payments after securing the best price possible, you probably can't afford the truck.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Advice: Never ever negotiate from the monthly payment position. Always secure the best sale price on the truck. Once that is established, only then discuss financing offers. Far to easy for the dealer to tweak the terms of the loan to fit your monthly payment goal by varing the length of the loan if you don't have a firm fix on the price first. If you are then uncomfortable with the monthly payments after securing the best price possible, you probably can't afford the truck.

This. Exactly this.

WAAAAY too many people go in with the monthly payment, or even "OUT THE DOOR!" number.

All either of those numbers do is allow the dealer to "give you the deal you wanted" all the while making it better for them.

Negotiate on the vehicle ONLY. No taxes, no doc fee, etc. Once you reach the price on that, THEN look at the rest of the stuff. Tax is very easy to calculate, so if they give you the number you want for the vehicle, you should know what that number is with tax. THEN if they give you a final number thats not even close, now you can look into what they just did. $2000.00 doc fee? C ya. Try to slip in a $500 "pinstripe package"? So long.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This. Exactly this.

WAAAAY too many people go in with the monthly payment, or even "OUT THE DOOR!" number.

Yeah this has got to be a dealers wet dream, that and the old "I got a letter from you saying my car is in high demand!"...hate seeing people go into the slaughter like that.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Shucks my buddy just traded in his 2020 Ram Longhorn for a 2020 Ram Limited. Maybe it’s me but WTF lol ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right now I think there may be a very small amount of cases where its kinda OK to dump a new vehicle for another one.

Like if you setup a loan 3 or 4 months ago, but now can get 0%. BUT it depends on what trade value they give you, because we all know the most depreciation happens the moment you drive it off the lot. Pickup trucks, maybe you can kinda survive the ordeal because they hold their value better (although maybe not RAMs as much as others).

Which reminds me, about 8 months after I bought my 2017, my local dealer said they would give me 2K less than I paid for it....BUT that number would probably stand for 2 years, just to show that I already "lost my money" by 8 months, but little to none in the next 16.

Even now, I think people get lost in "well its only 12.00 more per month!", yeah, as long as you went from X term to a new X term loan.

dc73pdsgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L e-torque
RAM doesnt make an eco boost engine... are you talking about the etorque engine or the ecodiesel? if you got the eco diesel for $45K then you got a great deal... if you are talking about the etorque engine, 5.7L hemi then its an ok deal... depends on the equipment packages on it...

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
see I like the out the door, means, out the door...in writing. If you pay attention sometimes to the price of the truck, the fees like dealer fees, etc,etc add up. If they state $33k out the door, then thats the price, no matter if you finance, or write them a check.
Sometimes, well, almost all the time they expect the back to make up money in added junk.
I do the "out the door", then write a check from my bank/loan place.

and let me add, if you have a pre-approal letter from your bank, never tell them...they will ask, "well you financing with us?"

...never answer, say we will discuss after the price is negotiated.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
see I like the out the door, means, out the door...in writing. If you pay attention sometimes to the price of the truck, the fees like dealer fees, etc,etc add up. If they state $33k out the door, then thats the price, no matter if you finance, or write them a check.
Sometimes, well, almost all the time they expect the back to make up money in added junk.

and let me add, if you have a pre-approal letter from your bank, never tell them...they will ask, "well you financing with us?"

A little story:

My sister in law went to buy her first new car, she took my father in law.

It was a 1998 Accord 4 door, EX 4 cylinder (EX had sunroof, etc but not leather, no V6 engine, etc). They went in with the "I want to pay xxxxx out the door, and I want an extended warranty included". The dealer GLADLY obliged. I want to say after all was said and done, she paid about 20K "out the door". After taxes, doc fee, reg fee and the (unknown to them, third party) extended warranty. Why did they not know? Well, "they met our out the door price!"

2 years later, I go to buy a 2000 Accord EX V6 coupe. V6 EX Coupe basically had everything you could get from the factory already in it. I paid less than 3K more than she did. For a completely different car with a V6, leather, etc.

"How did you get such a good deal!!!??" I didnt go in with the out the door price bs. I told them what I wanted to pay *for the car*. First dealer swore they had it....I walked in with a deposit check ready to go and it turns out they didnt have the car (they could get it transported up to 250 miles, DRIVEN, not trucked in). Pooh on that, I walked out and emailed every Honda dealer in the state of CT and said whoever actually HAS the car and meets my price gets my deal. I even included the dealer I walked out of :)

They fought their dealer for hours to get that price. I spent 4 minutes writing an email.......

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Good, see, that works for you. Perfect. Don't think either is wrong.

I prefer my way, for me.

My 2019 Classic was almost $44+k sticker. I paid $33k out the door. Rolled up doc fee's, and my APR was now and I knew term and what my payment was. That was rubber mats, tint, detail, full tank, etc
No back room because they knew I wasn't buying anything. LOL

Sounds like sister had a high "out the door price" LOL

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I generally always ask FIRST if the price shown in the internet add is the same price they are willing to sell it to me for less tax and tags which aren't much here. CDJR dealers seem to be some of the worst with the add on ********. My dealer had the add ons ($2499 for paint protection, interior protection, tinted windows, side steps and the "Forever Warranty" LOL) but I told them I wasn't interested from the start and they gave in both times without a fight. My previous Ford, Chevy dealers do $98 over invoice still to this day with no add ons and all rebates spelled out on the windshield of each vehicle. Of course I can only afford a Ford work truck and Chevy doesn't make anything I would own.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I hear ya @tidefan1967

Now, most have an internet price, that states internet price only if you finance through them.

99% of the time I dont have intentions of financing with them, because they say you will get pinged one time, yet two days later I get my credit hit 8-9 times LOL

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I hear ya @tidefan1967

Now, most have an internet price, that states internet price only if you finance through them.

99% of the time I dont have intentions of financing with them, because they say you will get pinged one time, yet two days later I get my credit hit 8-9 times LOL

8 - 9 hard inquiries on your credit? Man that does some damage to your score since hard inquiries are considered "high" negative factors by most credit reporting agencies. I don't let them run a credit check until we have agreed to all the numbers. I.E. I don't give them my social security number until absolutely necessary. If they tell me they need to run my credit to give me the numbers or "best price" I walk.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
8 - 9 hard inquiries on your credit? Man that does some damage to your score since hard inquiries are considered "high" negative factors by most credit reporting agencies. I don't let them run a credit check until we have agreed to all the numbers. I.E. I don't give them my social security number until absolutely necessary. If they tell me they need to run my credit to give me the numbers or "best price" I walk.
exactly, years and years ago we had a preapproved loan, good APR...get to dealer, get car done, go in back, they say we can beat that APR, we were first hesitant and they said its one soft pull, only one hit...so we said what do we have to lose...yes, they found maybe less than one percent cheaper, days later, we had 8 pulls....I was mad as he**.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I hear ya @tidefan1967

They all shotgun your credit to all their lenders to get the best rate. No different than you driving to multiple banks/credit unions of your choice to find your own best rate. No harm in that, and you should look for the lowest bidder to lend you money. It doesn’t make a difference because future inquiries will see it as one inquiry and know that you were shopping for rates on one purchase. It’d be a different story if there’s an inquiry for a car loan, then you decide not to purchase, then apply for a car loan again three months later.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
They all shotgun your credit to all their lenders to get the best rate. No different than you driving to multiple banks/credit unions of your choice to find your own best rate. No harm in that, and you should look for the lowest bidder to lend you money. It doesn’t make a difference because future inquiries will see it as one inquiry and know that you were shopping for rates on one purchase. It’d be a different story if there’s an inquiry for a car loan, then you decide not to purchase, then apply for a car loan again three months later.
I agree, my point being was I can go to my preferred lender, and do one pull...but the multiple pulls they did, while may be slight insignificant, was a lie. That's not what they told us.
So all I was saying is be careful, what they say may not be accurate. :)

dodgehemi0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am looking at a 2020 Ram rebel Quad 4X4 Cab monotone red paint with red/black interior. the only packaged added is the engine which is the 5.7 ecoboost. asking price is $48,330. After all the negations we settled at $540 for 84 months no interest. That equates to $45,360. Is this a good deal?
Thank you so much for the help.

I wish there was a 5.7 ecoboost!!!!!!!